HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Unexpected Blessings (2004)

by Barbara Taylor Bradford

Series: Emma Harte (5)

In a second installment of the Harte family saga, a young woman considers telling her father the truth of their heritage.

American Evan Hughes travel to England to work for Harte's department stores, only to learn she herself is actually related to the legendary matriarch. Evan has to tell her father, who is wary of the upper-class Hartes and everything they represent, about her engagement to Gideon Harte, one of Emma's descendants.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 28, 2021 |
Enjoy the continuing series. Didn't enjoy this book quite as much because there was so much repetition. The same themes over and over. ( )
  soosthemoose | Apr 18, 2021 |
Not my cup of tea. ( )
  SMBrick | Feb 25, 2018 |
The Hart Family soap opera continues.... All My Children had nothing on this family. Still enjoy reading BTB"s stories. ( )
1 vote jewell100 | Oct 30, 2011 |
  kattykathy | Sep 2, 2007 |

Belongs to Series

The name 'petrel' is said to be a diminutive of Peter: when feeding the bird flits and hovers just above the water, often with feet pattering on the surface, appearing to 'walk on water' as St. Peter did in the bible story.
Field Guide to the Birds of Britain
For my husband, Robert Bradford, to whom I owe so much, with all my love
Evan Hughes stood in the middle of the fashion floor of Harte's department store in London's Knightsbridge.
ISBN 0739319469 is for Conviction by Richard North Patterson

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 183,287,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible