My Dog Is the Best by Laurie Ann Thompson

My Dog Is the Best

by Laurie Ann Thompson

A little boy identifies what makes his dog so special.

This book is about a special bond between a young boy and his pet dog. The dog is basically the boy’s dream dog. He does everything with his dog. ( )
  Hannah.Millburg | Nov 25, 2019 |
A little boy (charmingly drawn by Paul Schmid, of Oliver and His Alligator fame) adores his dog, though the dog does nothing (see also: Sparky! by Jenny Offill). ( )
  JennyArch | Sep 21, 2016 |
This overly active boy manages to play with his sleepy lazy dog. He enumerates the things the dog can do, like roll over, play ball, or scare away monsters, but in the pictures all we can see the dog calmly laying while bearing the boy's games. The boy thinks his dog is SO special because all the things it can do! But what makes this dog really special is how it patiently loves this little, happy, loving boy.
The illustrations are cutely rounded, focused in the characters, without background.

Age range: 2 to 5 years old.

Check out more children's book reviews in my Reviews in Chalk Blog! ( )
  Sanlema | Oct 2, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,314,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible