Show and Tell (Classic Munsch) by Robert N.…

Show and Tell (Classic Munsch) (edition 1991)

by Robert N. Munsch (Author)

Ben wreaks havoc at school when he decides to bring his baby sister for show and tell.
Member:karenHart
Title:Show and Tell (Classic Munsch)
Authors:Robert N. Munsch (Author)
Info:Annick Press (1991), 32 pages

Show and Tell (Classic Munsch) by Robert Munsch

Wanting something really neat for Show and Tell, Ben takes his baby sister to school in his knapsack, with predictably (and delightfully) chaotic results. Waking up in this unfamiliar environment, the baby begins to wail, and cannot be silenced by all the efforts of the teacher, principal and school doctor. Eventually Ben must call his mother, who calms the baby and takes her and her brother home. The next day, Ben takes some other unusual things to Show and Tell, and so do all of his classmates...

Like so many of the other many books by Canadian author/illustrator team Robert Munsch and Michael Martchenko, Show and Tell is an amusing romp of a picture-book. The surreal scenario, the over-the-top humor of both story and illustration - that HUGE needle the doctor breaks out! - these are sure to elicit a chuckle. Recommended to fans of this duo, as well as to those looking for humorous picture-books about Show-and-Tell and/or baby siblings. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jun 22, 2018 |
This book would be a great book to read to kids before the first show and tell to let the kids know what is appropriate and not appropriate to bring to school to show. There is also a reacurring line in the book that helps with prediction and flow of the book for younger children reading the book. ( )
  Brittany_Leimer | Sep 11, 2013 |
Summary:
A little boy, Benjamin, wanted to bring something really cool to school for show and tell. He decided to take his little sister. When they got to school, his sister began to cry. The teacher, principal, and a doctor tried to get her to calm down and go back to sleep, but they all failed. Benjamin went and called his mom and his mom rushed up to get her. When his mom got to school, his little sister calmed down and feels back asleep once she was back in her mother’s arms. Benjamin decided to take some other stuff to school with him.
Personal Experience:
I remember how hard it was trying to find some cool show and tell stuff that would be better than any one else’s.
Classroom Extension:
1. I would have a show and tell day with my class. They could bring in anything that is appropriate and I would bring something in too.
2. I would read this story out loud to my class, and then I would have my class help me act the story out. I would give each student a part and we would act it out. ( )
  Soonergal021 | Mar 9, 2011 |
Another winner from Munsch!

Like all Munsch books, this book starts with an absurd premise - a boy brings his baby sister to school for show-and-tell - some over-the-top adult goofiness - the teacher makes the baby cry by rocking her too quickly, the nurse decides to give the baby a shot for crying and pulls out a HUGE needle bigger than the baby! - and a cheerfully silly happy ending - afterwards everybody brings something silly and special for show-and-tell. (This is a great scene, because you can find characters from other Munsch books in the illustrations!)

No redeeming value, no moral, just pure fun. Love it! ( )
  conuly | May 15, 2010 |
No reviews found.
  bwilson | Dec 2, 2009 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Martchenko, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
ISBN 1550371002 is for Something Good

Annick Press

3 editions of this book were published by Annick Press.

Editions: 1550371975, 1550371959, 1554511127

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,343,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible