The Song of David (The Law of Moses, #2)

by Amy Harmon

Series: The Law of Moses (2)

60None352,178 (4.22)None
I won my first fight when I was eleven years old, and I've been throwing punches ever since. Fighting is the purest, truest, most elemental thing there is. Some people describe heaven as a sea of unending white, where choirs sing and loved ones await. But for me, heaven was something else. It sounded like the bell at the beginning of a round, and it tasted like adrenaline. For me, heaven was the octagon. Until I met Millie, and heaven became something different. I became something different. I knew I loved her when I watched her stand perfectly still in the middle of a crowded room, people swarming, buzzing, slipping around her. No one seemed to see her at all, except for the few who squeezed past her, tossing exasperated looks at her unsmiling face. When they realized she wasn't normal, they hurried away. Why was it that no one saw her, yet she was the first thing I saw? If heaven was the octagon, then she was my angel at the center of it all, the girl with the power to take me down and lift me up again. The girl I wanted to fight for, the girl I wanted to claim. The girl who taught me that sometimes the biggest heroes go unsung and the most important battles are the ones we don't think we can win.… (more)

No reviews

Amy Harmonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jackson, JDNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Webber, ZacharyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wieja, Corinnasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,359,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible