Saga Volume 5 (Saga Tp) by Brian K Vaughan

Saga Volume 5 (Saga Tp) (edition 2015)

by Brian K Vaughan (Author)

Series: Saga (collects 25-30)

"While Gwendolyn and Lying Cat risk everything to find a cure for The Will, Marko makes an uneasy alliance with Prince Robot IV to find their missing children, who are trapped on a strange world with terrifying new enemies"--Page 4 of cover.
Member:lucipurrr
Title:Saga Volume 5 (Saga Tp)
Authors:Brian K Vaughan (Author)
Info:Image Comics (2015), Edition: Illustrated, 152 pages
Collections:Not Mango but Pretty Pictures, Your library

Work Information

Saga Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan

English (65)  Dutch (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (67)
This was more in line with the fraught story-telling I'm used to with Saga than the previous volume. The body count continues to climb amid IV and Marco's attempt to get back to their respective family members kidnapped by Dengo, and Gwendolyn and company attempt to find dragon semen (no, yes, really). There is a lot crammed into this one volume and I was loving every minute of it until the bittersweet ending. ( )
  wisemetis | Sep 15, 2022 |
Reviewing comics is a two-parter. The story drives most of the rating, but art gets a piece, too. Story-wise, with out getting into details, was a bit faster paced than previous volumes. Most of the pages were filled with tying up loose ends and the few remaining pages opening up new story lines. You still get an arch, and a climax, and all the good stuff that keeps us excited for a story's continuance. The art, on the other hand, was fantastic as always. Fiona Staples sure knows how to draw things in motion, one of her strong suits in my opinion. Another great read! I'm hoping the story is a bit grander and fuller in the next volume, even if it takes a bit longer to complete. ( )
  Velvet-Moonlight | Aug 1, 2022 |
Not as strong as some of the previous ones, but continues to be an engrossing saga nonetheless. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
I remember reading this and just not vibing with it originally. Cut to a couple of years later, and a buddy convinces me to try it again, and I was HOOKED. Cut to several years later yet again, and re-reading the entire series in anticipation of the release of the very long overdue next issue in the series after hiatus, and damn this story still holds up. I don't know why I didn't like it the first time. It's funny, brutal, violent, naughty, but at the center of all of it, the story has heart. So glad I'm getting to enjoy this series all over again. ( )
  tapestry100 | Feb 8, 2022 |
Complex, challenging story continues. No easy answers and I don't see a happy ending in sight. ( )
  readingjag | Nov 29, 2021 |

Brian K. Vaughanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Staples, FionaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
And finally ... twenty-five.
Collected issues 25-30 of the Saga comics.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,172,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible