For Real by Alexis Hall

For Real

by Alexis Hall

Series: Spires Universe, Spires [Hall] (book 3)

919195,321 (4.41)5

Gawd! The audio pulled at the heartstrings of my heart. It was gorgeous, every word, every gasp, every emotion, unbelievably transmitted by Paul Berton and John Hartley's narration.
I was absolutely spellbound by the two narrators.
However the pianist cannot sing without the written symphony. Never have I ever thought I'll read a BDSM story so beautifully written it sounded like poetry.

5 stars for the audio
4.5 stars for the book

Thank you very much to all my dear friends who have recommended this book. I adored it! ( )
  XiaXiaLake | Jan 16, 2019 |
God, I loved this book. Review to come when I don't have to rush it. ( )
  AddictedReader28 | Oct 20, 2017 |
London, today. A newbie dom who’s going nowhere in his job picks up a jaded sub with a brilliant medical career, and slowly figures out what to do with him. Told in alternating first person POV, with lots of sex and a slowly developing relationship. And once again I’m reminded that no matter the other elements, I’m almost always going to prefer f/sf; the conflicts and obstacles here were believable even though it was basically love at first sight, but ultimately this wasn’t really for me. ( )
  rivkat | Jul 3, 2017 |
What can I say. My first 5 star read for 2016.

This is my first read for this author and won't be my last. If you are looking for a spicy hot contemporary read that seems as though your reading something that is [b:For Real|25376011|For Real|Alexis Hall|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1429277460s/25376011.jpg|45123759] . This is it!!!

...just wonderful ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |
What can I say. My first 5 star read for 2016.

...just wonderful ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |

Hall, AlexisAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Berton, PaulNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hartley, JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
“Take me to you, imprison me,
for I,

Except you enthrall me, never
shall be free,

Nor ever chaste, except you
ravish me

—John Donne”
"Look, I've come straight from work, and I've had a really long day, and I simply haven't had time to slip into a spiky collar or a mesh shirt or whatever else you deem necessary, to get into your haven of safe, sane, and consensual depravity."

Laurence Dalziel is worn down and washed up, and for him, the BDSM scene is all played out. Six years on from his last relationship, he’s pushing forty and tired of going through the motions of submission.

Then he meets Toby Finch. Nineteen years old. Fearless, fierce, and vulnerable. Everything Laurie can’t remember being.

Toby doesn’t know who he wants to be or what he wants to do. But he knows, with all the certainty of youth, that he wants Laurie. He wants him on his knees. He wants to make him hurt, he wants to make him beg, he wants to make him fall in love.

The problem is, while Laurie will surrender his body, he won’t surrender his heart. Because Toby is too young, too intense, too easy to hurt. And what they have—no matter how right it feels—can’t last. It can’t mean anything.

It can’t be real.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,548,322 books! | Top bar: Always visible