All Light Will Fall by Almney King

All Light Will Fall (edition 2015)

by Almney King (Author), Derek Vasconi (Editor), Rania Meng (Cover Design)

Title:All Light Will Fall
Authors:Almney King (Author)
Other authors:Derek Vasconi (Editor), Rania Meng (Cover Design)
Info:Sakura Publishing (2015), 336 pages

All Light Will Fall by Almney King

English (7)  All (1)  All (8)
What an intriguing yet sad story for one seventeen year old girl to endure, and I can only imagine her pain and suffering! I liked Corrine from the start with her curiousness about the other city banned to her town. It had been over seventy years since the Trinity War ended taking free will from the common man. Always tracked wherever you went and whatever you did by the ruling ARTIKA. once she's caught in forbidden territory, she is put through every horror you can imagine, yet she survived and is now a weapon they called 2100. ( )
  HOTCHA | Mar 13, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I hate to buck the trend of "wow" reviews on Amazon, but while I found this book interesting, there were far too many flaws for me to rate it more highly. I think the author will mature into a wonderful talent, but she's just not there yet. Perhaps it was the formatting of the e-book version that I read, but I found the storyline jumped from scene to scene with no transition to indicate the passage of time or why/how the main character suddenly found herself in a new location. Especially distracting to me was the incorrect usage of several words; the example that stands out was describing an adversary as "invulnerable" when he was obviously showing a moment of vulnerability. I think that the author was a bit too ambitious with the breadth of story she wanted to tell and found it disappointing that she stopped the book rather than ending it. There's obviously a sequel planned to wrap up the many loose ends, but it left me unsatisfied. ( )
  bboxfan | Jan 5, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I'm still a little on the fence with this one. I finished it a few days ago but I needed some time to think on it. This is one of those books where I say I liked it, but not enough to read it again. It seems to follow so many books that's I've already read. It started off like I was going to really like it. Two kids getting into trouble, finding adventure but then took this drastic turn into something that left me going back a few pages to see if I missed something. Later it seemed to mash so much into so little space. Maybe it just wasn't my type of story but the premise of it sounded great however it kind of left me feeling like I read 1984 mashed with Hitchhikers guide with a little Wolverine stuck in. That being said I think (for me at least) it has the potential to be a good read it's just missing something. The main character was someone i couldn't relate to, which is okay, I found I was drawn to the secondary characters more. They have more personality. The world buliding is great. The descriptions of planets is quite vivid. That, for me, was the best part. Again maybe, I signed on to something that was out of the norm for me and that's why I have such a hard time liking it because everyone else seems to, but i guess we can't all like the same things. ( )
  Sugar_Diva | Sep 6, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I think All Light Will Fall is one of the best book I've got from the early reviewer program on LT.
It's a page turner and a very good read.
Now, the book is not perfect (no books are). I think the main character was not really "likable" and some parts of the book were not serving the story.

Author is a very young woman and I'll definitively check her future works. ( )
  Shaika-Dzari | Aug 5, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
'All Light Will Fall' is a dystopian fantasy novel that includes elements of many other genres, including religious, sci-fi and young adult. The story follows a young female protagonist who along with her best friend, are searching to find the truth about the society that they live in. Their quest has dire consequences and they end up learning the truth about things that they would never have imagined. Overall, I enjoyed the writing style of the book and there were moments of beautiful imagery. However, I did not really enjoy the progression of the plot, as I found it a bit jarring and difficult to follow in places, and I did not really sympathise with the main character and found that I could not really relate to her. I would recommend this book to fans of young adult sci-fi. ( )
  Kelsey93 | Jul 27, 2015 |

Long after the Trinity Wars, a world of light approaches the Earth. ARTIKA, a new-world regime in practice of mysterious sciences, discovers a staggering revelation. Where there is light, there is life. One blessed, the other cursed, war ensues between Earth and a star-traveling world—Niaysia. Corrine, curious to discover ARTIKA’s dark truths, becomes a pawn for a war between planets, an arsenal—Celeste 2102. She is thrown into a realm of death and imperceptible beauty. A dark and spiritual awakening awaits her, and on the desperate journey home, Celeste must not only battle the evils within herself, but the darkness steadily rising between Earth and a world unknown.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:00:23 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Almney King's book All Light Will Fall was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,919,996 books! | Top bar: Always visible