Sweet Tooth Deluxe Edition Book One

by Jeff Lemire

Series: Sweet Tooth (1-12)

From writer/artist Jeff Lemire, the mastermind behind Essex County and TRILLIUM, comes this new edition of his critically acclaimed masterpiece, SWEET TOOTH! A cross between BAMBI and Cormac McCarthy's THE ROAD, SWEET TOOTH tells the story of Gus, a rare new breed of human/animal hybrid children, has been raised in isolation following an inexplicable pandemic that struck a decade earlier. Now, with the death of his father he's left to fend for himself...until he meets a hulking drifter named Jepperd who promises to help him. Jepperd and Gus set out on a post-apocalyptic journey into the devastated American landscape to find The Preserve which is a refuge for hybrids. This unique and haunting series is written and illustrated by Eisner-nominated creator Lemire and colored by fellow Eisner nominee Jose Villarrubia. This graphic novel collects issues #1-12.… (more)

English (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (4)
Finally after so long I've gotten my hands on this series. I've loved Lemire's other works but my library didn't have any of the Sweet Tooth books until this came along recently. Sadly though it's the only one volume! ( )
  RealLifeReading | Mar 11, 2022 |
What in the world did I just read? Maybe I would think that always, or maybe I think that because I am currently working from home because of the pandemic. Who knows. This is a world where a pandemic has whipped out most of the population, and new kids being born, are born with animal features. However, Gus, aka Sweet Tooth, is older than the plague, so what is going on. This is a very bloody book, and while it is a dark fantasy, i truly do think many of the things that happen in this book, would happen in real life if we were hit with a pandemic that kills more than COVID. Say if Ebola gets out in the US. This story is compelling, and the art work is haunting. I had to immediately put the next book on hold at the library. It’s that good.
#Popsugarchallenge - Has the same title as a song ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Feb 17, 2021 |
Very imaginative, but the art is a real barrier for me. ( )
  kaitlynn_g | Dec 13, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,725,377 books! | Top bar: Always visible