Turn My Mourning into Dancing by Henri…

Turn My Mourning into Dancing (edition 2004)

by Henri Nouwen (Author)

In times of suffering, simplistic answers ring empty and hollow. But Henri Nouwen, beloved spiritual thinker and author, offers real comfort in the concrete truth of God's constancy. Nouwen suggests that by greeting life's pains with something other than despair, we can find surprising joy in our suffering. He suggests that the way through suffering is not in denial, but rather in living fully in the midst of the trials life brings our way. Hardcover ISBN 0-8499-1711-5… (more)
Member:NCVW
Title:Turn My Mourning into Dancing
Authors:Henri Nouwen (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2004), 128 pages

Turn My Mourning into Dancing by Henri Nouwen

I'd learned of Henri Nouwen fairly recently, and it was through other authors who'd admired him.(Fans as diverse as Elizabeth Sherrill and Anne Lamott), So I decided to check out this short book first. What a gem. Nouwen was a Dutch Catholic priest whose writings and teachings have garnered a following from Catholics and Protestants alike. Though I don't think this book's title is quite accurate to reflect its content, I was not disappointed in this book. It's full of deep insights into our human condition, our deepest longings and disappointments and losses. I found myself underlining and highlighting just about every paragraph. I'm anxious to now read his other works, The Wounded Healer and The Return of the Prodigal Son especially. Highly recommend this book, and this writer in general. ( )
  homeschoolmimzi | Apr 19, 2017 |
The title can be a bit provoking when you mourn, but it is still very tempting, and the title and my knowledge to Nouwen as a great writer made me read this book.
I've read a lot of books in my life, but i seldom read them twice. But i will read this book over and over again until i fully realize the important knowledge of Nouwen.
In his wonderful way he teaches people to trust in God, and see the light through the darkness. This book should be read by everyone, but if you go through some troubles in your life you will have a extra benefit of reading it. ( )
  eivind-f | May 18, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,484,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible