Ms. Marvel Vol. 3: Crushed by G. Willow…

Ms. Marvel Vol. 3: Crushed (2015)

by G. Willow Wilson, Elmo Bondoc (Illustrator), Takeshi Miyazawa (Illustrator)

English (38)  Swedish (1)  All languages (39)
And.... more fun! Kamala continues to discover and learn what she is in for as Ms Marvel. And she learns lessons in love (and betrayal). ( )
  mrklingon | Apr 22, 2019 |
This is so so good. You're probably all sick of my fangirling over Kamala Khan, but I refuse to stop until every single one of you has this series in your TBR piles! Yes, it's that good. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I really wish this series had been out when I was a teen. I love it so much now, and I can only wonder how much more it would have given me when I was a teen. There is so much good stuff wrapped up in G. Willow Wilson's epic! I'm smitten.

From the first panel, a very cocky (and highly adorable) Loki stole my heart. I can't express enough how much I love the characters that flit in and out of Ms. Marvel's life. In this particular installment, Kamala has a lot to deal with. She's still trying to balance her normal home life, with her superpowers. She's still trying to be a teenager, while also saving the world. How do you balance something like that? Now, however, Kamala faces the most difficult challenge of all. The one thing that can bring any teen to their knees in an instant. Heartbreak.

I loved all the messages that came through in this volume. The idea of love knowing no boundaries, especially religious ones. The fact that girls are so quick to blame themselves any time something bad happens to them (there's a nod to women and rape shaming here). Even the fact that someday, quite soon, Kamala might have to kill someone. We all know that superheroes have that expectation, but Kamala is only a teenager. How will she deal with it?

Ah, so much good stuff. Friendship. Love. Family. This series has so far been packed to the brim with nothing but things I adore. I'm only sad that I'm going to have to wait a while for the next volume to come out. ( )
  roses7184 | Feb 5, 2019 |
4 🌟

There's Loki! There's romance! There's Kamala Khan kicking ass! ( )
  localbeehunter | Jan 15, 2019 |
This collection includes another crossover story with a comical story about Loki ending up at Kamala's school dance. There's also a crossover with S.H.I.E.L.D. as she teams up to save the school from alien infested cafeteria food. The bigger story is that Kamala falls in love with a boy named Kamran, son of her parents friends, who not only shares a Muslim heritage and geeky interests with Kamala, but also has Inhuman powers. It seems too good to be true, right? ( )
  Othemts | Nov 20, 2018 |
What I loved about the first volume returns: this series is fun, thoughtful and a great insight into the life of a Muslim teenager. Loki shows up and slips truth-serum into the punch at the high-school dance, with hilarious results. Kamala fights villains - but the biggest danger she faces is her own feelings. ( )
  Gezemice | Oct 29, 2018 |

Ramos, HumbertoIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Waid, MarkContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thor did it.
Contains Ms. Marvel #12–15, paperback

Love is in the air in Jersey City as Valentine's Day arrives! Kamala Khan may not be allowed to go to the school dance, but Ms. Marvel is! Well sort of - by crashing it in an attempt to capture Asgard's most annoying trickster! Yup, it's a special Valentine's Day story featuring Marvel's favorite charlatan, Loki! And when a mysterious stranger arrives in Jersey City, Ms. Marvel must deal with...a crush! Because this new kid is really, really cute. What are these feelings, Kamala Khan? Prepare for drama! Intrigue! Romance! Suspense! Punching things! All this and more! The fan-favorite, critically acclaimed, amazing new series continues as Kamala Khan proves why she's the best (and most adorable) new super hero there is! Plus, see what happens when SHIELD agent Jemma Simmons goes undercover at Kamala's school! Collects Ms. Marvel (2014) #12-15, S.H.I.E.L.D. (2014) #2.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785192271, Paperback)

Love is in the air in Jersey City as Valentine's Day arrives! Kamala Khan may not be allowed to go to the school dance...but Ms. Marvel is! Well sort of - by crashing it attempting to capture Asgard's most annoying trickster! Yup, it's a special Valentine's Day story featuring Marvel's favorite charlatan, Loki! The fan favorite, critically-acclaimed, amazing new series continues as Kamala Khan proves why she's the best (and most adorable) new super hero there is!

COLLECTING: Ms. Marvel 12-15, Annual 1

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 02 Jul 2015 08:45:15 -0400)

Ms. Marvel crashes the school Valentine's Day dance in order to thwart Loki, the Asgardian trickster god.

G. Willow Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,739,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible