A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, Book 4) by…

A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, Book 4) (edition 2008)

by Kim Harrison

Series: The Hollows (4)

The evil night things that prowl Cincinnati despise witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan. Her new reputation for the dark arts is turning human and undead heads alike with the intent to possess, bed, and kill her-not necessarily in that order.Now a mortal lover who abandoned Rachel has returned, haunted by his secret past. And there are those who covet what Nick possesses-savage beasts willing to destroy the Hollows and everyone in it if necessary.Forced to keep a low profile or eternally suffer the wrath of a vengeful demon, Rachel must nevertheless act quickly. For the pack is gathering for the first time in millennia to ravage and to rule. Suddenly, more than Rachel's soul is at stake.… (more)
Member:patsk
Title:A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, Book 4)
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:Eos (2008), Hardcover, 496 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison

Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton (housewench)
    housewench: Both of these books in their respective series drag their protagonists from the comfort of home, away where they've little support. Both heroines must deal with werewolves in ways that make them rethink themselves, and who they are, before they can return safely home.… (more)

English (84)  Dutch (2)  Piratical (1)  All languages (87)
Not much happens with some of the characters, but others (Jenks, Ivy, Rachel, Nick) get a lot of depth. Harrison throws in some really interesting plot twists as well, things that change the relationships between characters in unexpected but probably inevitable ways. This is not a stand-alone novel, however. ( )
  Cerestheories | Nov 8, 2021 |
And another series I'm done with. Which is too bad as there are still 6 more books in it. It's good when they are personal relationships in the store but I don't like when those BECOME the story. It was like reading a soap opera with some fantasy mixed in. Bleh. ( )
  richvalle | Jul 11, 2021 |
Fun fluff ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
This is my favorite book of the series so far. I love Jenks being human sized. ( )
  LoisSusan | Dec 10, 2020 |
I had such a good time with this book. I read the first few books in this series years ago and didn't continue for one reason or another. Most of the series probably hadn't been written at that point. A couple of years ago, I decided to start working my way through the series again by listening to the audiobooks. I think that this might have been the first time that I read this book and I really enjoyed it.

This book picks up shortly after the events of the previous book. Rachel learns that Jenks's son Jax might be in trouble along with her ex-boyfriend, Nick, and she feels compelled to help. Rachel enlists the help of Jenks as backup and with the aid of a couple of demon curses, they head off to rescue the pair and things get interesting very quickly.

I really enjoyed the way that Rachel and Jenks worked together in this book. Jenks is such a great character and I tend to enjoy the scenes that he appears in and he was in the bulk of this book. I really appreciated the changes that Jenks went through in this story and I think that we really got to know him a lot better. I also found the developments in Rachel's relationship with Ivy to be intriguing and look forward to seeing how things play out later in the series.

This story was really exciting. There were some pretty intense scenes where I was a bit worried about the fate of Rachel, Jenks, Ivy, and the rest of the group. I wasn't sure how they would get themselves out of some of the situations in this book. I also felt like there were some pretty pivotal moments in the characters' personal lives and there were a few rather surprising revelations.

Marguerite Gavin did a fantastic job with the narration of this book. I think that she is the perfect narrator for this series. She handled all of the different character voices wonderfully and added a lot of life to each of the characters. I love how much emotion and excitement she is able to express with her reading. I feel like her narration added to my overall enjoyment of the story.

I would recommend this series to others. This series is full of wonderful characters facing some pretty exciting situations. This is a series that you will want to read in order but that shouldn't be a hardship since all of the earlier books are just as good as this one. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Mar 24, 2020 |

Kim Harrisonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lodewijk, AnnemarieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the man who invariably says, "Really? Okay," instead of, "You want to do what?"
The solid thud of David's car door shutting echoed off the stone face of the eight-story building we had parked beside.
'I was a sucker for a smart man, especially when the brains came packaged in a body that was carefully maintained' Rachel
'One person can't hold anything, but two can have the world' Jenks
I glanced at the men behind him, then extended my hand again. 'Rachel Morgan,' I said more confidently than I felt. 'And this is Jenks, my partner.' This was weird, civilized. Yes, I've come to rob you, sir. / How delightful; won't you have some tea before you do?

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,161,571 books! | Top bar: Always visible