Cat and Jemima J

by Jane Green

1731,064,037 (3)None
From New York Times bestselling author Jane Green comes an original short story featuring Jemima, the main character from Green's beloved novel Jemima J, and Cat, the main character from her upcoming novel Summer Secrets.

So I have a kind of love/hate relationship with Jane Green books. I absolutely adored her first books until they switched over to romance/contemporary with the main characters in America. I missed the earlier books like Jemima J, Mr. Maybe, and Bookends. This short story is the first time in such a long time that I felt like I was reading one of Ms. Green's older books and I loved it.

This is a set up to Jane Green's Summer Secrets focusing on the character of Cat. Now I have to buy this book to read more about Cat and to see if Jemima appears again. It was nice to get a glimpse at her and to read about what has happened to Jemima since readers last saw her. This short story nicely sets up the character of Cat (a journalist) who appears to have a drinking problem.

The short story itself only takes up 45 percent of the book, the next 42 percent shows the first couple of chapters of Summer Secrets with the remaining amount just showcasing information on Jane Green. That 42 percent was definitely enough to get me wanting more. ( )
  ObsidianBlue | Jul 1, 2020 |
This is a very quick tie in from Jemima J and an upcoming novel with Cat. I'm assuming that you do not need to read this in order to read the book with Cat but it may give a little background. It was read in an hour so I think you could probably take it or leave it. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Jan 21, 2018 |
Cat and Jemima J by Jane Green
This short story of a journalist who is making a list of topics she can write about when she is friended by JJ. She tells Cat of her life, baby and husband in LA but he's lied about things that will come to haunt her.
Others in the newsroom want to find JJ also to interview her.
Excerpts from Summer Secrets is also included. Other works by the author are highlighted at the end. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jan 15, 2016 |
Jealousy is a horrible emotion, envy even worse.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,409,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible