Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on…

Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and…

by Marie Kondo

Other authors: Masako Inoue (Illustrator)

English (29)  Spanish (2)  Catalan (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (33)
Un peu cul-cul parfois, voire limite mystique, mais plein de "trucs & astuces" intéressants. Certains que je connaissais déjà (ne garder que ce qui vous "procure de la joie"), d'autres que j'ai appris et appliqués aussi sec (techniques de pliage de vêtements, rangement à la verticale pour tout voir d'un coup d'oeil dans les boîtes et tiroirs).
Je devrais choper à un moment ou à un autre le premier livre de la même auteure, je suis curieuse de voir ce qu'elle y raconte. J'ai un peu peur que ce ne soit encore plus mystique, on verra. ( )
  elisala | Feb 16, 2018 |
Not really sure of this book's purpose? Like other people I had read Kondo's 'The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up' and got onto that train. What to keep, what to throw out, how to keep your place neat and tidy, getting rid of things that didn't bring me joy, etc. It was not something I really took much from since some of the tips and Kondo's approach were, um, not for me.

Since my library had a copy I decided to check this out and see what it was. Disappointingly it's not a sequel or really anything new. It's been awhile since I've read the last book but I immediately recognized many of the topics, themes, etc. Other reviews have it on the mark: if you read her first book, if you're familiar with the methods, if you've watch a video or two, etc. then you probably got what you need to know.

This might be good for a completest and if you really liked her first book then I'd see if you can find this one at the library. But I didn't really feel there was much that was new and it felt like this book was to just capitalize on the popularity by slightly repackaging everything. If you're not familiar, skim both books and see which one you like better or borrow both from the library. ( )
  acciolibros | Feb 11, 2018 |
This book was ok, but mostly weird.

I am a messy person, so when I saw this at the library I picked it up, thinking there might be some life-changing strategy. I'd heard of KonMari before, albeit through Ali Wong's comedy (and it is oddly similar to my twitter handle).

Broadly speaking, the KonMari method is to keep only those things that inspire feelings of joy and discard the rest. There's a weird bit of personification in thanking things before discarding, but I recognize that acknowledging that things had a use before letting them go is useful (though I won't be sprinkling purification salt on things from exes or stuffed animals before donating/discarding). Given librarian tendencies, I shudder at the idea of discarding books I haven't read or felt meh about and keeping only favorites, but that's not for everyone I suppose.

Folding suggestions are great, take the feng-shui inspired bits with a grain of (purified) salt, and if you find this useful, great! I just found it kind of odd at times. ( )
  Daumari | Dec 30, 2017 |
Before this book changed my life, my makeup products sat dangerously close to my skin care products blocking my vanity's now perfect energy. Also, as is typical for people with my blood type, I'd never considered the relief that comes with organizing my electronics by smell, or having the dignity to cover the faces of my stuffed animals with a cloth bag, before I throw them in the garbage. This is rectified and I've been transformed forever. The spirit of the universe moves within.

(Usefulness of implementation: 4.0 / 5.0,
writing and tone: 1.0 / 5.0
= 2.5 /5.0, rounded down) ( )
  rabbit.blackberry | Oct 19, 2017 |

(Usefulness of implementation: 4.0 / 5.0,
writing and tone: 1.0 / 5.0
= 2.5 /5.0, rounded down) ( )
  rabbit.blackberry | Oct 19, 2017 |
....Once you’re living joyously with all your possessions joyously stored away joyously, you are free to move on to the most advanced joyous level of joyous tidying. See that lump sitting in the armchair watching the football when you want to watch Making a Murderer? Ask yourself this: which gives me more joy? The lump or the empty chair? So ditch him.
added by eclecticdodo | editThe Guardian, John Crace (Jan 17, 2016)

Marie Kondoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Inoue, MasakoIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hirano, CathyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
After discarding a hammer because the handle was worn out, I used my frying pan to pound in any nails.

"Tidying expert Marie Kondo's follow-up to her best-selling book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, is an illustrated master manual on her renowned KonMari Method with item-specific guidance and step-by-step folding illustrations"--Provided by publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,835,030 books! | Top bar: Always visible