Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson

Danger in the Shadows (edition 2002)

by Dee Henderson (Author)

Series: O'Malley (prequel)

Sara is terrified. She's doing the one thing she cannot afford to do: fall in love with former pro-football player Adam Black, a man everyone knows. Sara's been hidden away in the witness protection program, her safety dependent on staying invisible--and loving Adam could get her killed! Introducing the O'Malleys, an inspirational group of seven, all abandoned or orphaned as teens, who have made the choice to become a loyal and committed family. They have chosen their own surname, O'Malley, and have stood by each other through moments of joy and heartache. Their stories are told in CBA best-selling, inspirational romantic suspense novels that rock your heart and restore strength and hope to your spirit.… (more)
Member:cottageusedbooks
Title:Danger in the Shadows
Authors:Dee Henderson (Author)
Info:Multnomah Books (2002), 320 pages

Work Information

Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson

Against All Odds by Irene Hannon (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Both are Christian Romantic Suspense and the writing styles are similar.

This was an unexpected pleasure of a book. It's thoughtful, complex and suspenseful without so much violence or gore. I would love to read more from this author. ( )
  bcrowl399 | Sep 2, 2021 |
I like the O’Malley series. They move rather slowly but Dee Henderson is an excellent author. ( )
  lynngood2 | Apr 5, 2021 |
Danger In The Shadows by Dee Henderson is a book about a girl named Sarah who was kidnapped with her sister but only Sarah survived. Sarah is still being stalked. The cover of this has a picture of Sarah. People who enjoy suspense and romance should read this book. ( )
  lchs.mrso | May 23, 2017 |
This book is an introduction to the O'Malley series by Dee Henderson and features the story of Sara who is still living under the cloud of her kidnapping 26 years previously. The kidnapper is still out there taunting her and so she lives under protection at all times by the FBI led by her brother Adam. when she meets a handsome stranger she starts to wonder if she can live a more normal life.

Although a very light easy read it is in many ways just too implausible at times. Are we really meant to believe that Adam would be in charge of Sara's protection or even that such heavy protection would be state funded for so long?

I did like the basic premise for the story but it never seemed to get going and was too contrived with things happening just when mentioned. It seems to drop Christian scriptures in just to make it a Christian novel rather than moving the story on in any way or telling us more about the characters.

I hope that the rest tof the series is better. ( )
  Northern_Light | Dec 20, 2016 |
Are you afraid of the dark?

Sara is terrified!

The suspense is high from the opening pages of Dangers in the Shadow by Dee Henderson. Romance is budding…and the mystery of her stalker hangs over her head.

Imagine…security, changing your routines every time you walk out the door,constantly looking over your shoulder, wondering if today would be the day…

Dee Henderson’s writing makes me able to see and feel Sara’s terror. I love that she also writes lovely picture books for children and is a bestselling author for novels of murdered children. I think it shows her wonderful ability to shift focus from the good to the bad.

Dangers in the Shadows is an inspirational suspense novel that did it’s job well. I kept waiting for IT to happen. I know it has to!

The romance was slow to develop, just like most real life instances. This read as if it could be a true story and if you are a suspense/thriller lover, like me, you won’t want to miss Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson.

To see more visit http://www.fundinmental.com ( )
  sherry69 | Feb 24, 2016 |
"Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10
The summer storm lit up the night sky in a jagged display of energy, lightning, bouncing, streaking, fragmenting between towering thunderheads.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,575,484 books! | Top bar: Always visible