Fame (Firstborn Series-Baxter 2, Book 1) by…

Fame (Firstborn Series-Baxter 2, Book 1) (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Karen Kingsbury (Author)

Dayne Matthews returns to Hollywood and is caught up in the dangerous world of fame and paparazzi. Katy Hart is delighted when she learns she can play opposite of Dayne in a Hollywood film. The choices these two make will change their lives forever.
Member:Maryjowalker
Title:Fame (Firstborn Series-Baxter 2, Book 1)
Authors:Karen Kingsbury (Author)
Info:Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (2005), 368 pages

Fame by Karen Kingsbury (2005)

First in Firstborn Series is FAME...Baxter Familly drama. Sometimes living a dream costs everything.
  SABC | Jan 14, 2020 |
5/08: tried to read this but I don't think I'm in the mood right now - maybe at a later date... ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
Sometimes living a dream costs everything.
  Indiancreek | Dec 13, 2017 |
This was my first Karen Kingsbury book and honestly it was just okay. I probably wouldn't bother to read the rest of this series as it just didn't hold my interest.

The main character is offered a big break in a Hollywood film. She is living in a quiet rural community and was apparently headhunted by a male movie star due to her appearance of innocence. She auditions and perhaps not surprisingly is offered the part...I won't spoil the rest of the story but it revolves around faith vs fame choices.

The storyline was a little unrealistic especially due to the fact that the main character had been involved in film in the past but had walked away due to a personal crisis. What are the chances that she would be headhunted by this man who knew nothing of her background?

I liked the way the author tried to demonstrate the dangers of power/money/fame within Hollywood and how this can corrupt a person. But, I would have liked to read more references to the faith of the main character. She felt God checking her on a number of occasions but proceeded anyway due to being caught up in the excitement. This was a more realistic scenario and something we all need to be aware of--just because it seems to be right, doesn't mean it is. We should proceed with caution and take advice from others.

There was no bad language in this book but there were some bedroom scenes that had a little too much detail and there is a violent scene which is quite graphic.

I wouldn't really recommend this book--it was too predictable with not enough of a Christian message. ( )
  sparkleandchico | Jun 2, 2017 |
Karen Kingsbury has a gift for writing stories that make you fall in love with the characters. The Baxter family is real, they have struggles and faith to get them through it, and they are lovable. This particular story focuses on Dayne Matthews, the unknown firstborn of the Baxter family. I enjoyed this book greatly and think it is the start to yet another epic tale.

I wanted to give it five stars, but to be honest, it dragged in places. This isn't really a fault because of the type of story. But I just felt I couldn't give it a perfect rating. ( )
  racarpenter94 | Jan 27, 2016 |

Motion picture actors and actresses - Fiction Sometimes living a dream costs everything.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,577,055 books! | Top bar: Always visible