Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch

Love & Gelato (edition 2017)

by Jenna Evans Welch (Author)

"After her mother dies, Lina travels to Italy where she discovers her mothers's journal and sets off on an adventure to unearth her mother's secrets"--
Member:SophiaGL
Title:Love & Gelato
Authors:Jenna Evans Welch (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2017), Edition: Reprint, 400 pages

Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch

English (49)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  All languages (51)
My favorite read this summer. ( )
  vivirielle | Aug 4, 2021 |
So cute!! I loved the characters and the story! ( )
  bookishreputation | Jul 28, 2021 |
What a sweet read!!!!
I'm not just saying that because I love all things Italian, including my hubby, but this story really gave me the feels! Lina and Ren are one of my favorite couples and the road to them coming to be is one that I loved taking.
A book lover friend of mine asked me about this book, but noticed the length and was a little put off. I can tell you that even though it's 400 pages, the pages go so fast you don't notice how long it is. The story doesn't feel long enough once you close the last page.
Oh, how I want to see what happens now that Lina knows who she is, what she is doing with her life, and dating Ren. I just can't get enough! Plus she has this relationship with Howard that I know will grow and be wonderful. These are things we want to witness as readers, you just get so invested.
If you like a feel-good romance, with a touch of drama, then you need this book in your life. It's definitely going on my faves list! ( )
  fredamans | Jul 21, 2021 |
One ticket to Italy, please!

Where in Italy? Anywhere they've got gelato! ( )
  EmilyMabb | Jun 21, 2021 |
As a person who prefers staying at home to traveling, I felt like I could understand some of the stress Lina felt being sent to the "idyllic vacation spot" of Italy. This story was well-paced, balancing a new connection with Howard, a blossoming attraction to Ren, and a complicated history with her mom. I felt like the mystery portion of this book wrapped up well and left no loose ends. I loved the food experiences and I appreciated the validation given to legitimate grieving and the need for strong, dependable support systems. The reason this book gets three stars instead of four or five is because I felt like Lina didn't catch on to the particular nuances of the journal fast enough. It seriously took her forever. Plus, a little bit more communication on her part would have given her a lot more peace with a lot less angst. ( )
  Emma.June.Lyon | Feb 23, 2021 |
To David, For being my love story
You've had bad days before, right? You know, the ones where your alarm doesn't go off, your toast practically catches on fire, and you remember way too late that every article of clothing you own is soaking wet in the bottom of the washer?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,447,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible