Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, Book…

Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, Book 3) (edition 2002)

by Karen Kingsbury (Author)

Series: Forever Faithful (3)

You wept with them as they were Waiting for MorningYou shared their Moment of WeaknessNow they face the greatest struggles of their lives. Matt and Hannah Bronzan have found a new life in the face of devastating loss.  Together with Hannah's daughter, Jenny, they are finally moving forward--toward the adoption of a little girl. A younger sister for Jenny, a daughter for them to love and raise together. But just when the dream seems to be coming true, disaster strikes. Can Hannah survive the loss of another daughter? Jade and Tanner Eastman love the Bronzans. Matt and Tanner are partners in a successful religious freedom law firm, and the two couples share a great deal. Not the least of which has been Jade and Tanner's struggle to have children.  When they discover Jade is pregnant, their joy is boundless. Until the joyous event becomes a threat to Jade's very life. Will Tanner come through decades of loneliness only to face losing Jade one final time? Caught in a desperate battle against all that threatens to derail their faith and sideline their futures, these four struggle together to depend daily on God, regardless of what comes against them, as they journey halfway to forever.… (more)
Member:crazybookkat
Title:Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, Book 3)
Authors:Karen Kingsbury (Author)
Info:Multnomah (2002), 352 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Work Information

Halfway to Forever by Karen Kingsbury

I no longer remember where I got this book. I have read Karen Kingsbury before--in fact, she used to be one of my "go to"authors. But I felt like her books got repetitive (Baxter Family and related books). This book is the third in the Forever Faithful series. I can't remember if I read other books in this series.

This book started out okay for me. I liked the idea of God using what we think of as "bad" or "catastrophic" events--to teach us, to make us better appreciate the "good" times, to prepare us for something else that's coming. God is faithful--and that is a good lesson to remember. It's a lesson I needed to be reminded of right now.

I enjoyed the friendship between the two couples.

But then the book took a crazy (emotional) turn and I ended up skipping large chunks of it because I just couldn't cope with that level of emotion. It was actually feeding into my anxiety feelings and sadness feelings. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Aug 28, 2022 |
Story of many struggles, life and death situations, but all faced with faith and hope for the future.
  SABC | Jun 19, 2020 |
loved it ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 6, 2016 |
loved it ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 2, 2016 |
I think this book was the best of the trilogy although the characters went through a lot of tissues and me a few. It had a good ending though with everyone living, coming back home, and a court case won. ( )
  eliorajoy | Mar 19, 2016 |
Hannah Bronzan rarely visited the cemetery.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,204,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible