Ram - Scion of Ikshvaku (Ram Chandra) by…

Ram - Scion of Ikshvaku (Ram Chandra) (edition 2015)

by Amish Tripathi (Author)

Series: Ram Chandra Series (1)

1908115,246 (3.3)None
3400 BCE. INDIA Ayodhya is weakened by divisions. A terrible war has taken its toll. The damage runs deep. The demon King of Lanka, Raavan, does not impose his rule on the defeated. He, instead, imposes his trade. Money is sucked out of the empire. The Sapt Sindhu people descend into poverty, despondency and corruption. They cry for a leader to lead them out of the morass. Little do they appreciate that the leader is among them. One whom they know. A tortured and ostracised prince. A prince they tried to break. A prince called Ram. He loves his country, even when his countrymen torment him. He stands alone for the law. His band of brothers, his Sita, and he, against the darkness of chaos. Will Ram rise above the taint that others heap on him? Will his love for Sita sustain him through his struggle? Will he defeat the demon Lord Raavan who destroyed his childhood? Will he fulfil the destiny of the Vishnu? Begin an epic journey with Amish's latest: the Ram Chandra Series.… (more)
Member:AditiSantosh
Title:Ram - Scion of Ikshvaku (Ram Chandra)
Authors:Amish Tripathi (Author)
Info:Westland (2015), Edition: 2015, 378 pages

Work Information

Ram - Scion of Ikshvaku (Ram Chandra) by Amish Tripathi

After reading, and enjoying, Amish's Meluha series, the expectations were naturally high... And, this book has disappointed me... Meluha had a strong factor of novelty which is missing here which means that something else is required to make it work.
Since this is just the beginning of the series, the author has the opportunity to set things right. He just has to write fast and far far better... ( )
  aravind_aar | Nov 21, 2021 |
After 50 pages, I found it was a book written for kids (10 to 12 years). Lost interest and gave up. I don't think, I would read any of the other books written by the auther. ( )
  sujitacharyya | Sep 25, 2021 |
Definitely a good read. I like the way of Amish Tripati to present Itīhāsā in more realistic way. ( )
  alokdubey | Jul 24, 2021 |
Such a logical version of Ramayana that everyone is familiar with. This is clearly a prequel to the Shiva trilogy. This book chronicles the life of Ram, which is a different version of the one we have known so far and I like this version a lot. This version seems more realistic to me. I had expected to read an exciting retelling of the story of Ram, as vivid and unique as the Shiva trilogy and this book didn't let me down one bit. A must read to all the fans of Shiva Trilogy..
  AraWhesto | Dec 18, 2020 |
Being a huge fan of Shiva Trilogy I will say I am disappointed. I think Amish was a little too fast in publishing and could have done much better ( )
  handamanuy2k | Mar 13, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,261,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible