A woman in danger flees for safety. But will the Amish community where she chooses to hide keep her safe?

This third book in the Crossroads series is so vastly different from the first two it is hard to believe it’s part of the series. Very little of it takes place in Amish country. It centers around a young non-Amish woman, her father, and her husband. The authors try to build suspense by waiting through most of the tale before divulging the secret connections, but by then, the impetus is lost. The conclusion is quickly wrapped up and falls flat. A disappointing end to a likewise series. ( )
  Maydacat | Mar 25, 2019 |
This book was an utter let down. Beverly Lewis is by far one of my very favorite authors, but this novel was a sensational flop for me! I was stunned and even angered by the fact that it just didn't live up to her exceptional quality. I will continue reading her novels, but I may think twice before picking up another one in which she co-authored with David. ( )
  jennifer.a.mcgee | Oct 1, 2012 |
Melissa is recently married to her wonderful husband Ryan. Suddenly after a brief encounter with someone from her secretive past she leaves her husband and hides herself in an Amish settlement. Her husband's world is turned upside down with his wife missing. It sounds pretty predictable but for me it wasn't. There where some twists thrown in there. It starts off exciting and pretty much stays thrilling.

Another Amish fiction. Yeah I am on a Amish kick. Maybe I should start a challenge? Beverly Lewis is probably best know for her Amish series The Heritage of Lancaster County. Unlike her fellow Christian author Wanda E. Brunstetter she doesn't romanticize the Amish she adds mystery and psychological thrills. She also wrote this with her husband David. I don't if that is what made this one different for me because I have read other books by her and sometimes they fizzle out.

So what can say if I wanted you read this book? I like this book because lately I am looking for religion and these books have that. Just a little but it added in a smart way, in a real way. Where when you read the different situations the characters are going through you understand because you can add them into your own life. I like that. ( )
  lavenderagate | Aug 19, 2011 |
Group U
  gilsbooks | May 17, 2011 |
Melissa and Ryan had a beautiful life together, until one day Melissa sees someone she thought she had escaped. She is on the run again, alone and afraid. Then she finds Lela, who has been led of the Lord to take in a "boarder" at her home and the story from there takes you back in time and then to the present time and keeps you guessing how this will all work out for good. ( )
  judyg54 | Nov 21, 2008 |

Beverly Lewisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lewis, Beverlymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lewis, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

Gott ist unsre Zuversicht und Stärke, eine Hilfe in den grossen Nöten, die uns getroffen haben.

Psalm 46,2
Sie hatte gehofft, dieser Tag würde nie kommen.
This book is a standalone, and does not belong in the Amish Country Crossroads series (see author’s website for confirmation)

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,933,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible