The Strength of His Hand (Chronicles of the…

The Strength of His Hand (Chronicles of the Kings #3) (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Lynn Austin

"God has rewarded Hezekiah's faithfulness with great wealth and power, but the king has much more to overcome. Will his faith sustain him against the ultimate enemy?"--Provided by publisher.
Member:chrissymae
Title:The Strength of His Hand (Chronicles of the Kings #3)
Authors:Lynn Austin
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2005), Edition: Reprinted, Paperback, 330 pages

Work Information

The Strength of His Hand by Lynn Austin (2005)

WBCLIB | Feb 19, 2023 |
This book shows has God has rewarded Hezekiah's faithfulness with great wealth and power. But the one thing the king does not have is an heir to the throne. His wife, whom he loves, takes forbidden measures to try to become pregnant and the results will lead to heartache and deep sorrow for this couple. Hezekiah will make wrong decisions, trust ungodly wisdom and face near ruin. With all that is going on in his kingdom; the Assyrians approaching to destroy all that he has, can Hezekiah truly trust in God and learn true forgiveness.

I appreciate how the author makes the history from the Bible at this time come alive. It makes one also appreciate the goodness of our God and His ability to defeat the enemy if His people would just learn to follow His sovereign plan and trust in Him, not in chariots or man. ( )
  judyg54 | Mar 24, 2021 |
NO OF PAGES: 330 SUB CAT I: Fiction SUB CAT II: Bible Stories SUB CAT III: DESCRIPTION: God has rewarded Hezekiah's faithfulness with great wealth and power, but the godly king has no heir. In desperation, his beloved wife takes forbidden measures to ensure fertility. With all that is going on in his kingdom--and with the Assyrians approaching--Hezekiah does not discover his wife's idolatry until it's almost too late. Her betrayal cuts to the very core of his being and belief in God. Will his faith sustain him in the face of this deceit, and against an overwhelming enemy?NOTES: Purchased from CBD. SUBTITLE: Chronicles of the Kings - Book Three
  BeitHallel | Feb 18, 2011 |
The whole series was very educational and interesting. Read them all for a great perspective on the days of Manasseh and Hezekiah. ( )
  ELynette1 | Sep 7, 2010 |
The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Exodus 15:2
Eliakim kissed his fingertips, then touched the mezuzah on the doorpost of his house.
This is the Revised edition of The Lord is My Salvation c.1996

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,425,415 books! | Top bar: Always visible