Last Train to London by Neil Richards

Last Train to London (2014)

by Neil Richards, Matthew Costello

Last Train to London is the fifth novelette in Neil Richards and Matthew Costello’s Cherringham series. Set in fictional Cherringham, England, in the Cotswolds, it features Sarah Edwards, English single-mother and web designer, and Jack Brennan, American ex-NYPD detective, as they solve murders and other assorted crimes that pop-up in the small town.

Puppeteer Otto Brendl, who performs the annual Punch-and-Judy show for the town is found dead of an apparent heart attack. When his valuable puppets turn up missing, and Jack recalls a strange tattoo on Otto, he soon realizes that Otto’s death may not have been from natural causes and that Otto may not have been who he claimed to be.

I stumbled across the Cherringham Cosy Crime series on sale on Audible, and since I enjoy British mysteries, I purchased the first six novelettes, which were originally released in 2014. The mysteries are well-written and well-plotted. Being a novelette, the story does not have room for a lot of character development, but the authors manage to let us get to know Sarah and Jack as a little of their lives are touched on in each episode. Neil Dudgeon, of Midsomer Murders, does a decent job with the narration.

I will likely seek out additional installments of this series as they are fun to listen to and are only about 2.5 hours long. ( )
  rretzler | Jan 31, 2018 |

Neil Richardsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Costello, Matthewmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,530,195 books! | Top bar: Always visible