Tulikoe by Jørn Lier Horst
Member:mellu
Title:Tulikoe
Authors:Jørn Lier Horst
Other authors:Päivi Kivelä (Translator)
Info:Helsingissä : Kustannusosakeyhtiö Otava, [2018]
Collections:Your library, e, To read
Tags:fiction, crime, Norway, William Wisting

Ordeal by Jorn Lier Horst

SWEDISH REVIEW

Blindgång är den första boken jag har läst i William Wisting serien och trots att det är bok 10 så hade jag inga problem med att hänga med i handlingen. Jag kom att gilla William Wisting och hans dotter redan från början. Jag tyckte att de hade en väldigt fin relation och jag är nyfiken på Lines situation då hon är gravid och pappan till barnet är en amerikansk polis som bor i Amerika. Jag måste verkligen läsa de tidigare böckerna för att få reda på varför han var i Norge och arbetade och hur de träffades.

Handlingen var intressant, en försvunnen taxiförare, ett mord och ett upphittat vapen som har kopplingar med varandra. Jag gillade verkligen hur både William och Line är involverade i fallet på olika sätt och hur slumpmässiga möten och handlingar till slut ger svar på gåtan med vad som kände med taxichauffören Jens Hummel.

Boken är oerhört välskriven och spännande att läsa och jag tyckte att slutet i rättegångssalen är otroligt bra!

Tack till Lind & Co för recensionexemplaret!

ENGLISH REVIEW

Ordeal is the first book I have read in the William Wisting series and, despite this being book, 10 didn't I have any problems getting into the story. Instead, I found myself instantly liking both William Wisting and his daughter Line. I thought that they had a very loving relationship and I was curious about Line's situation being pregnant and the dad is a cop from America who is still living there. I really need to read the previous book to find out why he was in Norway and how they met.

The story is interesting, a missing taxi driver, a murder and a found weapon that have connections with each other. I liked that both William and Line were involved in the case in different kinds of ways and thanks to random meetings and events finally the mystery with the missing taxi driver will be resolved.

The book is well written and engrossing and I think the ending in the courtroom is incredibly good! I liked this book very much and I will definitely read more books in this series.

Thanks to Lind & Co for the review copy!
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
Keeping up with all of one’s favorite crime writers can be a daunting task, but I was happy to find that there were two Horst novels to catch up on. And it is certainly an endorsement of Horst’s work that I was willing to order them from the UK. Horst is a Norwegian author, one of the few crime novelists who has actual, serious law enforcement experience. That experience informs his spare, no-frills stories. He writes of complex investigations in carefully plotted, engrossing storylines with credible characters. He also includes at the beginning of the book a short summary of where we are in the overarching story of Chief Inspector William Wisting—which is terrific for those of us who read a lot of Nordic crime novels.

I have waited too long to review these books individually well. Suffice it to say that [Ordeal] is a wonderfully complex, multi-layered mystery that involves a dead taxi driver and his taxi, an old basement safe, and the seemingly ordinary accidental death of a notorious smuggler. And [When It Grows Dark] begins with the 1983 discovery of an old car—a mystery for the young policeman William Wisting. That mystery deliciously complicates and reaches from 1983, back to the 1920s, and forward to the present. And we the reader, enjoy the cerebral ride. ( )
  avaland | Nov 4, 2018 |
Kan da ikke bare avslutte med en sånn opplysning!!
Horst må komme med ei ny bok om Wisting ganske kjapt altså!

Veldig gode bøker, anbefales veldig :) ( )
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
Kan da ikke bare avslutte med en sånn opplysning!!
Horst må komme med ei ny bok om Wisting ganske kjapt altså!

Veldig gode bøker, anbefales veldig :) ( )
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
Even though I hadn't read any of the previous books in this series, I didn't have any problem feeling comfortable with the characters. The Norwegian detective, William Wisting, is actually a non-alcoholic, family-oriented Scandinavian policeman. He is investigating a murder which in his mind is connected to an earlier murder in another city. Even though he is being told not to meddle with a crime that has "been solved" he pursues both cases and manages to connect them. ( )
  terran | Aug 27, 2017 |

Together with her one year old daughter Maja, single mother Sofie Lund moves into the house she inherited from her grandfather. Sofie has such painful memories that she has had every trace of the old man removed, every trace but a locked safe that has been bolted to the basement floor. Inside the safe, Sofie finds something shocking that will also become crucial evidence in a case that has plagued Inspector William Wisting for a long time. To follow this lead though, he must cut across important loyalties and undermine confidence in the police force.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,569,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible