Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan

Book of Shadows (2001)

by Cate Tiernan

Series: Sweep (1)

English (43)  Danish (1)  All languages (44)
I have to say I didn't expect this book to be that good. I love how the author tied in Wicca traditions in the book and also showed that there are some real connections to religions and how we live today. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to see another religion or just see something from another point of view. ( )
  bookscantgetenough | May 5, 2019 |
This is an easy to read little series about a young witch finding her way into Wicca. My only complaint I have is that they story leads you to believe Wicca is an ancient pagan religion when in fact is relatively new from the 1950 based on the old way of witchcraft. Would of loved if she had written the books more in the general witchcraft and paganism idea , but so far so good. ( )
  greergreer | Mar 1, 2019 |
I really like this book. I got into the characters and love the story line. I really can't wait to see where this story is going. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
Veel over gehoord en gelezen en eindelijk heb ik de hand op deze serie kunnen leggen, leuk ( )
  LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
I think I'm going to enjoy this entire series. It's YA of course, but I have a super soft spot for YA. I can really see the characters in my mind as I read, and the descriptions are very good. It combines the actual story, bits of journal entries at the top of chapters and random facts and quotes about magic from various sources also at the beginning of chapters. It explores Wicca on a more intellectual level than the Charmed books, and provides a lot more of the ritualistic and informational part of Wicca which Charmed sometimes (maybe a lot of the time) skips over. I'm reading a book in between this first book and the second one, but I already can't wait to get on to the next one. ( )
  Melissalovesreading | Sep 30, 2018 |

Cate Tiernanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Carlier, AudeTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ferrier, BertrandTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Urpis, FrancescaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Willems, ElviraÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wolfswinkel, GerdaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
With love to my life supports Christine and Marielle
Years from now I'll look back and remember today as the day I met him.

Morgan Rowlands is an normal 16-year-old girl with an totall ordinary unremarkable life. Morgan spends most of her time with her best friends Bree and Robbie. When Cal Blaire moves to her small town of Widows Vale Morgan finds her life changing. After being hosting a party Cal reveals that he is a practicing witch looking to form a new coven and Morgan finds herself intrigued. But when Morgan and Bree both become interested in Wicca and Cal personally, Morgan finds her mundane life thrown into turmoil.

Morgan and her best friend, Bree, are introduced to Wicca when a gorgeous senior named Cal invites them to join his new coven. Morgan falls for Cal immediately? and discovers that she has strong,inexplicable powers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:06 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Morgan makes a surprising discovery: witchcraft is an intrinsic part of who she is--and who she will become! Morgan thinks witchcraft is laughable when her best friend Bree drags her to a meeting of the Cirrus Coven. But during a ceremony led by Cal, Morgan's long-time crush, Morgan feels a shock. Suddenly everything looks brighter, clearer. Morgan doesn't want to get involved with witchcraft--but she feels like witchcraft is choosing her.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,508,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible