Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer) by…

Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer) (edition 2018)

by Laini Taylor (Author)

Member:EBassett
Title:Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer)
Authors:Laini Taylor (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2018), Edition: 1st Edition, 528 pages
Tags:to-read, ya-picks, teen, family, fantasy

Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer) by Laini Taylor

I don't think I can properly express how much I loved these books! I really enjoy this author's writing style. She gives me all the feels! ( )
  Sandra_Ruiz | Jun 13, 2019 |
The Muse of Nightmares - L. Taylor
3.5 stars

Deus ex machina, (Latin: “god from the machine”) a person or thing that appears or is introduced into a situation suddenly and unexpectedly and provides an artificial or contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty.

In a story where many of the characters have godlike powers, no treacherous situation or deadly catastrophe, presents an insoluble difficulty. And that is the overriding problem with this conclusion to Strange the Dreamer. As a literary device, it was very overdone. I wanted to know what happened to the characters in the first book, so I’m glad that I read this sequel. I did enjoy it. But, I felt that the elaborate fantasy world of the first book deteriorated a bit. This book felt more like a superheroes comic book than a literary fantasy. ( )
  msjudy | May 18, 2019 |
In this sequel to Strange the Dreamer, the saga of the Mesarthim continues. Laslo, the all-too-human librarian, is now a god, and Sarai, the Muse of Nightmares who he loves, continues to exist, but as a ghost. The human socieety living in the shadow of the Mesarthim citadel is in turmoil, as Lazlo, Sarai, and Sarai's human father try to put things right to save everyone. ( )
  lilibrarian | Apr 1, 2019 |
Thanks to the publisher and edelweiss for this DRC! Another hit from Laini Taylor! She flushes out more of the backstory of Weep and how the Citadel became grounded there, while weaving in yet another piece of the puzzle. Learning Minya's past was my favorite part! My heart broke for her and new understanding brought light to her character. Gotta love a Laini Taylor story! Can't wait for the next installment! ( )
  SusanGeiss | Mar 24, 2019 |
Even though it could have been slightly shorter, it managed to keep my interest through all of its 500 pages. There were backstories, new characters, world-building, warped portals, magic and whatnot!! As the story progresses, how the definition of hero and villain is fluid and relative... And how one person, in his greed, can destroy so many lives. As Lazlo and Sarai's story seems to have ended (or maybe not!)... I know I won't mind returning to this strange dreamy world again and again and again! ( )
  Megha17 | Jan 17, 2019 |
Kora and Nova had never seen a Mesarthim, but they knew all about them.

"As humans and godspawn reel in the aftermath of the citadel's near fall, a new foe shatters their fragile hopes, and the mysteries of the Mesarthim are resurrected"--

Laini Taylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Laini Taylor.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,596,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible