Muse of Nightmares: the magical sequel to…

Muse of Nightmares: the magical sequel to Strange the Dreamer: Book Two of… (edition 2018)

by Laini Taylor (Author)

Neither Lazlo nor Sarai are who they were before. One a god, the other a ghost, they struggle to grasp the new boundaries of their selves as dark-minded Minya holds them hostage, intent on vengeance against Weep. Lazlo faces an unthinkable choice: save the woman he loves, or everyone else. Sarai, the muse of nightmares, has not yet discovered what she's capable of. As humans and godspawn reel in the aftermath of the citadel's near fall, as forgotten doors are opened, the question arises: Must heroes always slay monsters, or is it possible to save them instead? -- adapted from jacket.… (more)
Member:RoseTJKennedy
Title:Muse of Nightmares: the magical sequel to Strange the Dreamer: Book Two of Strange the Dreamer
Authors:Laini Taylor (Author)
Info:Hodder & Stoughton (2018), 528 pages

Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor

English (34)  Dutch (1)  All languages (35)
I loved this so, so, so much. I want a million other stories after this ends, and about the other children, the other realms, all of it. This universe is so fertile, so perfect and so complicated. I loved all the children again, and absolutely the redemption pieces in it, that took forever and are still starting and happening when the book ends, the way real reception works, achingly slow trying to make up for years of mistakes and doubts and hurt. I just love, love, love this and will read anything Liani ever, ever, ever writes. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Aug 21, 2021 |
Muse of Nightmares continues right where Strange the Dreamer stopped. We meet two twins at the beginning of the book (Kora and Nova, the pirate), who have their own storyline, which eventually folds into the continuing saga of Lazlo, Sarai and her godspawn friends. A major event occurs early in the book, which fundamentally changes Sarai, and separately, Minya's domination of the godspawn is changed. The timeline and story threads are not handled as deftly as the original book in this duology (?), and I found the romance overwhelming at several times. However, Laini Taylor's writing is still amazing, creative, even lyrical at times, and she did an excellent job wrapping the storylines together in the end. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
I was pretty excited to read this book when I first got it, but once I got into it I felt like there was way too much teen cheeseball romance to really enjoy it. It got better by the end, with all the storylines ending satisfactorily, but it just wasn't at the level of Taylor's previous series. Maybe once she writes a third set of books in the expanded universe that she's creating this duology will fit in better, but for now it's just an okay story. ( )
  JaimieRiella | Feb 25, 2021 |
Bring on the third book

Just as good as the first book if not better. Great storyline and characters. It's not really like anything else I have read. Sci first and fantasy mixed together with a good dose of adventure. ( )
  Rick686ID | Jan 27, 2021 |
Rating: 98% (4.9 stars)

I don't have enough stars to give to this book. My world has been blown open. My emotions are still in recovery, so I'll be come back to review later. ( )
  melonah | Jan 9, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Voor mijn moeder
Kora and Nova had never seen a Mesarthim, but they knew all about them.

Laini Taylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Laini Taylor.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,397,569 books! | Top bar: Always visible