Lucky Luciano: Mysterious Tales of a Gangland Legend (Gangland Mysteries)

by Christian Cipollini

512,445,791 (5)None
With information culled from rare news articles, government documents and numerous books written on the subject, this book will give readers a chance to discover Lucky Luciano in a way that engages the mystery of his pop culture status, while encouraging further debate over the facts that fallacies that exist about his true role in the history of the American mafia structure.… (more)

Why do very bad men make some of the best fodder for very good books? Christian Cipollini knows, and so will you after reading this book.

Living by the motto, “Harm none, do what ye will”, I have zero interest in violent acts and the men that perpetuate them (Granted, I am a newly minted true crime author, with subject matter involving the Colombian Mafia, but my book focuses on a “non-violent” offender). So imagine my surprise when I found myself fully enthralled by all things mobsters in Cipollini’s easy to read book.

The author provides an informative, important, and very detailed look into underworld history, exploring everything from fact to folklore regarding the life and times of Charlie Lucky Luciano and his infamous cohorts. If you love gangsters, especially the one touted as THE “Top Mobster in America”, you’ll eat this up; and if you’re like me, just a good girl bewildered by bad boys, you may just find yourself mesmerized.

Charlie Lucky- the hoodlum- may have been known as a “shallow parasite”, but his alluring story by Cipollini runs deep in intrigue. Includes gobs of information, well-written, easy to follow. Enjoyed it while learning a lot. How could I have missed all this legendary stuff before? Thanks for the fascinating lowdown, Christian. Now I know. Highly recommended. ( )
  MayCay | Dec 14, 2015 |

Christian Cipollini is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,424,573 books! | Top bar: Always visible