Ryker

by Sawyer Bennett

Series: Cold Fury Hockey (4)

The stakes have never been higher for Carolina Cold Fury goalie Ryker Evans. With his contract running out, he's got a year left to prove that he's still at the top of his game. And since his wife left him, Ryker has been balancing life as a pro hockey star and a single parent to two daughters. Management is waiting for him to screw up. The fans are ready to pounce. Everybody's taking dirty shots - except for the fiery redhead whose faith in Ryker gives him a fresh start. As the league's only female general manager, Gray Brannon has learned not to mix business with pleasure. And yet even this tough, talented career woman can't help breaking her own rules as she gives Ryker everything she's got. She hopes that their hot streak will last forever, but with Ryker's conniving ex plotting to reclaim her man, the pressure's on Gray to step up and save a tender new love before it's too late. Contains mature themes.… (more)

I love love love all the books and most especially the men in Sawyer Bennett's Cold Fury series. I find the story lines of these book to be interesting and steamy. The characters are also well fleshed out which is a rarity in many romance novels. I can't wait to see what's next from this author. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
This series keeps getting better and better. If Kate from book 3 is my favorite heroine, Ryker is my favorite hero. I love everything about him and I love love love the relationship between Ryker and Gray. I also loved Gray's strength, especially in a male dominated job field. I think this has been my favorite of the four and I can't wait to read Hawke. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
4.5 stars. My new favorite book in the series. Can't wait to read Hawke :-) ( )
  kbranfield | Feb 3, 2020 |
#IWantTheGoalie

This isn’t your typical sports romance novel. Yes, it does have a sexy sports figure with a hot craving for a very self-assured woman. There is where the similarities for the romance stop. Ryker is definitely a hunky, alpha hockey player who wants a relationship. Yep, a relationship. He’s not the typical lead male character who is going to sow his wild ‘player’ ways with the right woman. Nope, he actually wants a personal connection and isn’t the one-night stand typical book boyfriend. Our heroine, Gray, is one of the strongest female leads I have read in a long time. She knows what she wants; however due to her drive, she’s given the idea of a long-term relationship a back seat. Ms. Bennett takes the reader through their relationship ups and downs throwing in obstacles along the way. Some of those complications have you pause. Will they have a HEA together in the end or separate knowing the short term was good but not the best for them? I know I did and you will need to read to find out which path they follow.

Ryker is everything you want in your romantic Hero: he is a loving father, loyal to his friends and teammates, protective of others – just the ideal man. Yet, it’s Gray whom I felt the most connection to throughout the book. As a professional woman myself, you have the drive to reach the top of your career ladder. You balance personal life to make sure you do not damage your professional goals. For anyone who has been in Gray’s place you can relate to this character. You are constantly on vigil about how others perceive you all the while trying to make a difference in your chosen vocation. And no kidding, it’s real, the personal relationships suffer those choices. As a reader through this story you get to experience all the trips and slips as they navigate. In the end, who is the most deserving person in the relationship to have all their professional aspirations reached? Pick this book up to find out.

By far, the favorite part of the book for me was the epilogue. I read it four times before I wrote this review. Best possible ending for Gray. If you haven’t gathered so far, I definitely recommend you read and devour this novel. It has everything you are looking for in a contemporary romance, strong characters and steam-up-the-glasses scenes. Although part of a series, this novel can stand-alone for an initial read. If you are like me and read them all – this was a perfect story to close the series on.

This book was given to me as an advanced reader copy. This review may be updated to include quotes and additional thoughts upon publication release. ( )
  karenhulseman | Dec 3, 2019 |
Another great addition to the series! What I loved:
1. Gray is smart and driven. I love it when the heroine is intelligent (in this case, a genius) and embraces her brain!
2. Ryker is a single dad who adores his girls. Its so sweet to see
3. Alternating POV (one of my favorite things!)

Why not 5 stars? The beginning was a bit slow for me and it took me some time to really get invested, you know? But, its a great story and I'm glad I stuck with it! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |

Sawyer Bennettprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dukehart, CrisReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Halstead, GrahamReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, TantorPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,439,070 books! | Top bar: Always visible