Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Frog on a Log? by Kes Gray

Frog on a Log? (edition 2015)

by Kes Gray (Author), Jim Field (Illustrator)

In rhyming text, cat explains why frog has to sit on a log, even if he finds it uncomfortable.
Member:mdk235
Title:Frog on a Log?
Authors:Kes Gray (Author)
Other authors:Jim Field (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic Press (2015), Edition: Illustrated, 32 pages
Tags:fantasy, animals, rhyming, frogs, picture book

Frog on a Log? by Kes Gray

Recently added bymaria.difiore, private library, Cierra_Vasquez, JasminSimmons, brownejka, brauer57, UMHSCC

This is a fun book for Kindergarten and first grade students. It is about a cat telling a frog where he should sit, but then he becomes curious about where other animals sit. Every page has rhyming words so I would use this in a English classroom. I thought this was a funny book that had great rhyming examples. ( )
  Cierra_Vasquez | Nov 18, 2020 |
This book is good for younger grades and has lots of rhyming. ( )
  SkylerStanley | Apr 27, 2020 |
This book is great for academic and entertainment purposes. The rhyming words and consistent word families make this book a great mentor text for young readers. Children (and adults) will love the different animals and find out where each animal belongs. ( )
  kbengtson | Jan 24, 2019 |
The cover alone makes me laugh. This story tells the tale of a frog who is told to sit on a log -- but he would rather sit anywhere else. A cat tells him all of the different seats that animals are supposed to sit on from cats on mats and progressing to the more outlandish "mules on stools" "gophers on sofas."
  LaurenMcClelland | Jul 25, 2018 |
This story is a rhyming book which will great to help young students with their phonics skills. I plan to add this book into my future classroom not only because of its educational value, but because it is super cute. I enjoyed the illustrations. ( )
  Kaitlin_villoutreix | Nov 15, 2017 |

Kes Grayprimary authorall editionscalculated
Field, Jimmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,483,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible