Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, Book 7) by…

Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, Book 7) (edition 2004)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Series: Dark-Hunter (7)

Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter - he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for superceding them. To make things worse, he's very conscious of his aristocratic background and breeding. So it serves him right when he runs into Tabitha Devereaux. She's sassy, sexy, and completely unwilling to take him seriously. (Not to mention Tabitha is also the sister-in-law of Kyrian, a former Dark-Hunter and Val's mortal enemy.) What Tabitha does take seriously is hunting and killing vampires-and soon she and Val have to grapple with the deadliest of all Daimons - one who's managed to come back from the dead, and one who holds a serious grudge against both of them. To win against evil, Val will have to loosen up, learn to trust, and put everything on the line to protect a man he hates and a woman who drives him nuts.… (more)
Member:dragonskin
Title:Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, Book 7)
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2004), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

hb
  5083mitzi | Jul 23, 2020 |
they just keep getting better. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Valerius was a Roman soldier, vilified and hated by most all he knows. Tabatha is a quirky, empath, Daimon hunter. After he saves her from Daimons, Ash throws them together. Neither think they are good enough for the other but they are good for each other.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Seize the Night
5 Stars

Synopsis:
As a former Roman general, Valerius Magnus is rejected by most Greek Dark Hunters. He also has personal history with Kyrian of Thrace and Zarek of Moesa who would like nothing more than to send him into the afterlife for good. Cognizant of his aristocratic upbringing, Valerius exhibits a cold and haughty facade until the day that vampire-slayer Tabitha Devereaux saves his life and the two must work together to thwart a deadly threat with a serious grudge against them both. Can Tabby teach Valerius to forgive, and most importantly, to love?

Review:
Definitely the most romantic story in the series so far.

Kenyon has an uncanny knack for writing tortured heroes that are impossible not to love and Valerius is no exception. His sadness and loneliness are almost palpable, and Tabby's mischievous and feisty personality is the perfect foil for his stodginess. She is absolutely my favorite heroine to date. It is great to see the return of the other Dark Hunters even if Kyrian and Zarek annoyed met at times, I am pleased that they eventually saw the light.

The Dark Hunter/ Daemon / Apollite plot is evolving in an interesting way and the mythological overtones are an added bonus. Nevertheless, it is sometimes difficult to keep track of the various characters and some events remain shrouded in mystery (what exactly is Kat's relationship to Acheron, darn it?)

The action scenes are exciting, the writing flows smoothly and the story is well-paced. Even if there are some cheesy and cliched moments, the series is well worth the effort for the solid relationships and the witty dialogue. I can't wait to find out what happens next. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Tabitha is so wild and free with her heart it is hard not to love her. She is a woman who does more sticking up for herself than some of the other women in this series. Valerius is hard, unloved and used to it that way. The pain and death he went through were brutal. Together they bring one of the best love stories I've read. I would love to be more like Tabitha, finally a character I can relate too. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
For my fans and friends who have kept me going through thick and thin, and especially the RBL ladies and those of you who take the time to visit the Dar-Hunter.com bbs. Your support means more to me than any of you will ever know.

To Kim and Nancy for all the hard work you do on my behalf, thank you. I can honestly never say that enough.

To my husband and sons who put up with all my wild imaginings and most importantly to my mother who indulged me when I was young. I miss you, Mom, and I always will. Love and hugs to all of you.
"Happy Birthday, Agrippina," Valerius said as he laid a single red rose at the feet of the marble statue that held a sacred place in his home.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,699,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible