Freedom ride by Sue Lawson

Freedom ride

by Sue Lawson

721,626,601 (4)None

Sue Lawson certainly knows how to write a book that keeps the reader engaged. I was not particularly keen to read "Freedom Ride" but once I started I couldn't put it down. I loved the main protagonist, Robbie. I enjoyed following his journey as he went from ignorance to acceptance to confusion to anger and finally to action. Focusing on racial discrimination in a small, rural town the author has managed to bring an ugly period in Australia's history alive, capturing the hatred, prejudice, hypocrisy and segregation perfectly. A great read. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |

Robbie knows bad things happen in Walgaree. But it's nothing to do with him. That's just the way the Aborigines have always been treated. In the summer of 1965 racial tensions in the town are at boiling point, and something headed Walgaree's way will blow things apart. It's time for Robbie to take a stand. Nothing will ever be the same.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,678,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible