Robo-Sauce (2015)

by Adam Rubin, Daniel Salmieri (Illustrator)

A special sauce turns a boy into a robot, and he then transforms everyone and everything into robots, including the book.

Pretty brilliant book, with a clever twist on the inside. Man, Adam Rubin really know his audience, and has a gift for humor. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
Cute book about a boy who wants to be a robot. Wasn't a fan of the 2nd person POV and getting a bit sick of 'gimmick' books but at least this one was original and something I haven't seen before. ( )
  scout101 | Sep 15, 2020 |
A boy dresses up as a robot and transforms his living room into a robo-story where everything is robotic and he cant shoot robo-sauce.
6 books
  TUCC | Apr 24, 2018 |
I'm not sure how we'll process the fold-out portion of this book, but I intend to shower our processor with chocolate and leave it up to her, because this book is certainly worth it.

A little boy is having a great time playing robot, but his family isn't quite so enthusiastic. Don't they understand how fun it is to play robot? If only he could turn into a real robot....and he does! But things don't work out quite as he expects.

Now, at this point you know what to expect, right? The boy realizes it's better to be a human and have his family and friends and "changes back" since he was just pretending in the first place.

Heh heh heh heh.

Beep.

Rubin and Salmieri, creators of subversive fun like Secret Pizza Party, Dragons Love Tacos, and Those Darn Squirrels (a staple of my fall storytime repertoire) have returned with a book that's funnier, weirder, and more wacky than ever. Be prepared for blank stares erupting into riotous laughter.

Verdict: The revolution has arrived. Buy this book and be prepared.

ISBN: 978052548879; Published 2015 by Dial/Penguin; Review copy provided by publisher; Donated to the library
  JeanLittleLibrary | Dec 20, 2015 |

Adam Rubinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Salmieri, DanielIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To my friend and mentor, Mark Setteducati, thanks for inviting me to step through the looking glass --A.R.
For Wyatt, Maggie, Brydie, Nora, Oona, Calum, Cormac, Mickey, Thomas, Erin, Taylor, & Kieran --D.S.
Hey, kid!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,229,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible