Omega

by Jasinda Wilder

Series: Alpha (3)

When you make an enemy of a man like Vitaly Karahalios, there is nowhere on earth you can go to escape his wrath. He'll find you. He found me, he found Roth. He found Layla. He found us, and now the unthinkable has happened. Someone I love has been kidnapped. Again. This isn't a fairy tale. Not everyone will get a happily ever after. Sometimes we can't just walk away from the past. Love doesn't always save the day. The beast won't always get his beauty. But maybe, just maybe we can get our happy ending.… (more)

The final book in the Alpha series sees the story moving from just Valentine and Kyrie and Harris to more of Kyrie and Layla and Harris. Long story short, Kyrie and Layla were nabbed off the island of solitude that Valentine had moved them all to. It was right before the wedding (or after?) when some baddies manage to get on the island that was heavily guarded by Alpha One Security (Harris' newly created security firm). Layla and Kyrie are sent to parts unknown. The story follows Kyrie (and since this review is two years since the last time I read the book, forgive me for not remembering too much). What I can say is that Layla gets her own POV for at least half of the book while we follow her capture, and subsequent escape from baddies in a South American country, all the while Harris is trying to get he back using the guys who he enlisted from his firm.

I laughed so hard at Layla's ability to keep cool and badassed under pressure, and her ingenuity and flat out take no holds way of ensuring her escape. She made the hard and quick decisions without hesitation or squeamishness. She was quick to realize that her situation was going to take resourcefulness and intelligence to get through. She made use of all she had available to her, and trust me, it wasn't much. Props to Jasinda for actually making a bic pen hold such humor/horror for Layla (and the reader).

Harris and Layla feature heavily as they both run towards and away from each other and danger. Layla managed to stay one step ahead of the baddies, while Harris was one step behind her. I can't for the life of me remember Kyrie's part of the story. I need to reread this book :)

This book sets up the next sereies Alpha One.

I liked it and found it to be a satisfying conclusion to the Valentine/Kyrie arc, while setting up the Alpha One series. ( )
  Rellwood74 | Feb 18, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Alpha (3)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,878,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible