My Two Blankets by Irena Kobald

My Two Blankets (edition 2015)

by Irena Kobald (Author)

Cartwheel has arrived in a new country, and feels the loss of all she's ever known. She creates a safe place for herself under an "old blanket" made out of memories and thoughts of home. But when she meets a new friend, the relationship helps her take her first steps into a new culture, and Cartwheel begins to weave a "new blanket," one of friendship and a renewed sense of belonging.… (more)
Member:ayeria10
Title:My Two Blankets
Authors:Irena Kobald (Author)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (2015), Edition: Illustrated, 32 pages

Work Information

My Two Blankets by Irena Kobald

The author creates a feeling of empathy through verbal imagery in this story about a refugee. A nice, age appropriate way to explain exclusion and how to help immigrants feel included. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
3.75 ( )
  MagpieBricolage | Jul 17, 2021 |
Awesome read. This book is based on how ones one can still be safe as a transitional change to a new home take place, We all have special place we like but as the world changes, we will have to except change. ( )
  jacqueline1960 | Jul 13, 2021 |
This book is about a little girl who moves to a new country and does not know the language. She compares her first language to a cozy blanket that keeps her warm and safe. She does not want to use her new language. Then she meets a new friend and she slowly learns the language. She begins to see the new language as a second blanket as well. ( )
  jrhoover | Jul 9, 2021 |
I highly recommend this book. This book represented a young girl who migrated to a new country and in the book they used her "blanket" as a metaphor for her safe place. With moving to a new country this young lady did not feel like she fit in until one day another young girl helped changed that. She then found her new blanket within her new home. This book is great for 6-7-year-olds. ( )
  Ana_Coronado | Mar 8, 2021 |

Irena Kobaldprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blackwood, FreyaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,955,475 books! | Top bar: Always visible