Killer Run

by Lynn Cahoon

Jill Gardner-owner of Coffee, Books, and More-has somehow been talked into sponsoring a 5k race along the beautiful California coast. The race is a fundraiser for the local preservation society-but not everyone is feeling so charitable. The day of the race, everyone hits the ground running . . . until a local business owner stumbles over a very stationary body. The deceased is the vicious wife of the husband-and-wife team hired to promote the event-and the husband turns to Jill for help in clearing his name. But did he do it?… (more)

*I was given an ARC by the publisher, Kensington Books in exchange for my honest review*

I think Jill Gardner could be my alter ego: owner of a bookstore/coffee shop in coastal California and spending her days researching for work (aka curled up on the couch, reading new releases. If only she wasn't finding herself in the midst of a murder mystery....

With delightful characters, a (okay, slightly obvious) mystery and a laid-back writing style, Lynn Cahoon brings a great story that will have you laughing one minute and trying to figure out "who dunnit" the next.

I was delighted to discover that this book is one in a series by Lynn Cahoon...and I immediately downloaded all the preceding books (and devoured them ) in rapid time. That said, Killer Run works just fine as a stand alone (although I'm sure you will want to learn more about Jill Gardner and the rest of the cast of characters.
  jenncaffeinated | Jul 4, 2021 |
Short one but good cozy mystery. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
Stayed up late to finish.
  Karen74Leigh | Sep 4, 2019 |
Stayed up late to finish. ( )
  Karen74Leigh | Jul 31, 2019 |
This is the fifth book in the Tourist Trap series and it is the first one I have read. I did not feel lost not reading the rest, but I will probably go back and read them now.

Greg (the sheriff) and Jill (owner of Coffee, Books and More) in the tourist town of South Cove California are getting ready to go on a cruise. Jill is helping with the Charity Run to support the town`s bid to have the wall at Jill`s house declared a Mission Wall. The day before the race a couple from a Promotional Company show up to promote the race. They are rude and abrasive and the wife (Sandy) ends up dead on the course for the race. While this is going on, the local Train Store is being vandalized and Jill has been asked by the owner to help find the culprit. There seems to be a lot going on at once in the story, but it keeps it interesting. Greg has to cancel his vacation to solve the murder. Jill and her Aunt Jackie get involved and do some amateur sleuthing of their own. Everyone says Jill is good at solving puzzles. Jill ends up putting herself in danger, but Greg saves the day. I did not figure out who done it until just before Jill did, so that makes it a good book in my estimation.

Thanks to Netgalley and Kensington books for the opportunity to read and review this book. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

Lynn Cahoon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,532,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible