Fright Club by Ethan Long

Fright Club

by Ethan Long

949185,237 (4)1

Picture book. This is about a group of mosters that all meet up in a tree house and call themselves "Fright Club." In fright club they go over the essentials for being a monster like making scary faces and creepy noises. But, when a cute bunny and other animals want to join they are turned away because they are not scary enough. But after threats of legal action they are let in and make some very scary additions that leave the monsters shaking in their boots. Together the monsters and animals go out on halloween and scare all the kids. ( )
  Nick1009 | Dec 2, 2018 |
This book is about a club of monsters that are preparing for halloween. Some not typically scary animals want to join the club but are told they're not scary so they find a way to get in!

This is an awesome book too read aloud during halloween time! Kids would love to hear all the fun voices and sound effects!!
  Hayleykeyser | Nov 27, 2018 |
A funny book about monsters in a club that are planning for Halloween. Other innocent looking animals try joining the club but the monsters will not let them. Eventually the animals scare the monsters and the monsters are forced to let them into the club.
  pitaaortiz | Nov 26, 2018 |
The monsters in this book are learning to be scary. They keep trying, but they don't seem to be getting very scary. Then some other animals ask if they can join, but are turned away because they are not monsters. Eventually they get to join and show the others just how scary they can really be.

This was a really funny book. I would love to read this aloud, but I don't know that I could really do all the voices justice. I love that the book kind of looks like it is in black and white like an old scary movie. This will definitely be on my list of favorite Halloween books now.
  maryganderson | Nov 25, 2018 |
Summary: This book is about a club of monsters. Some little creatures come and want to be part of the club, but everybody keeps saying no. Eventually they are able to scare the monsters and join.
Opinion: Halloween is my favorite, so I liked this book. I think it's cute for kids. I like that it doesn't actually mention Halloween so it can be read to kids who don't celebrate. ( )
  KelseyGwozdz | Nov 25, 2018 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 161963337X, Hardcover)

Each year, on Halloween eve, Fright Club meets to go over their plan: Operation Kiddie Scare. Only the scariest of monsters can join Fright Club-Vladimir the Vampire, Fran K. Stein, Sandy Witch, and Virginia Wolf have all made the cut. They've been practicing their ghoulish faces, their scary moves, and their chilling sounds. But when a band of cute little critters comes along asking to join in the fun, the members of Fright Club will find out who really is the scariest of all!
This clever, rollicking read aloud text and delightfully spooky illustrations will have young readers laughing, cheering, and begging to be the newest members of Fright Club.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 19 Aug 2015 05:21:26 -0400)

As the monsters of the Fright Club prepare to scare children on Halloween, an adorable little bunny tries to join the club.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,785,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible