Afternoon by Robert Lampros

Afternoon (edition 2015)

by Robert Lampros (Author)

1131,415,462 (3.42)None
Afternoon is a novella for young adults about courage, faith in Jesus Christ, and growing up in a surreal and challenging world.
Member:RobertLampros
Title:Afternoon
Authors:Robert Lampros (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2015), 108 pages
Rating:*****

Afternoon by Robert Lampros

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

It is a very quick read and the story was easy to follow but, I couldn't feel any connection towards any of the characters in the book. It's still a good book for anyone that wants to read something short and fast. ( )
  jinny.soto | Jan 17, 2017 |
I won a copy of this book on Library Thing.

The story was okay. The book was a quick read. It follows a teenager who almost drowns and meets God. ( )
  Jhmill7 | Dec 2, 2016 |
This short book is about a teenage boy who dies and meets the Lord, and the Lord gives him back his life so that he can turn himself around and start leading others to God. It is a story of redemption and faith.
I think that the plot was good, and the message of Christianity being conveyed was wonderful. However, the book is marketed towards young adults according to the back cover and the online description, and yet using the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level test, the text is more suitable to 5th graders. It is mostly pure and wholesome, with only a few parts that may be slightly questionable (a girl gets drunk, there's a drug reference, and there is brief mention of violence). I'd recommend this book to a middle schooler or older remedial reader, but I think that generally young adults would find the vocabulary and sentence structure much too simple. The story is also rather jumpy, going right from one place and time directly to another, and then back again, making it a little hard to follow the progression of things. ( )
  SDaisy | Nov 26, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Robert Lampros's book Afternoon was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Robert Lampros is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,240,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible