Worm Loves Worm

by J. J. Austrian

Other authors: Mike Curato (Illustrator)

Two worms in love decide to get married, and with help from Cricket, Beetle, Spider, and the Bees they have everything they need and more, but which one will be the bride and which the groom?

Awwwwwwww. Just awwwwwww.

"That isn't how it's always been done."
"Then we'll just change how it's done," said worm. "

my heart is a happy pile of melty goo. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
Worm loves worm. No one has to be a bride and know one has to be a groom. It does not matter how things used to be, the only thing that matters is that worm loves worm. This is another way of saying Love is Love. It doesn’t matter who you are, how you dress, or what you call yourself. The only thing that matters is her and now and that worm loves worm. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Jan 1, 2022 |
This book was aaawesome. I love worm and worm, and I love that the worms's community rally so hard around their love! Plus their weddings outfits are the best.

I want to wear a suit and veil to my hypothetical future wedding. ( )
  katebrarian | Jul 28, 2020 |
Worm and worm love each other and want to get married, but this confuses their friends as this is not something they have seen before. They have many questions for worms regarding tradition and how they will do their wedding. This book addresses sexuality and equality through the perspectives of insects. It sends the message to children that love is love and love and there is no one set picture or definition for it. It opens the discussion for young children of acceptance and equality is terms that they understand. I thought it was a good book that would be great to share in the classroom with students. ( )
  BobbieHenriques | Apr 26, 2020 |
I read this for the "Book With Romance" part of my 2020 reading challenge. It was an adorable story of two worms getting married and all the hoops their friends kept making them jump through. Cute artwork and good message. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |

J. J. Austrianprimary authorall editionscalculated
Curato, MikeIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,565,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible