Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho! by Doreen Cronin

Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho! (edition 2017)

by Doreen Cronin (Author)

Series: A Click, Clack Book (10)

As Farmer Brown prepares the house for Christmas, Duck tries to play Santa--but he gets stuck in the chimney, along with all the other animals who try to help.
Member:BrittanyBretz
Title:Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
Authors:Doreen Cronin (Author)
Info:Scholastic, Inc. (2017)
Collections:Teacher Read Aloud's December

Work Information

Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho! by Doreen Cronin

It's Christmas Eve, and Farmer Brown is hanging the stockings and decorating the tree. Hearing what he thinks to be Santa's sleigh bells (but is actually Duck, intent on playing Santa's role), he hastens to bed, in order not to prevent the holiday gift-giver from performing his tasks. Duck, in the meantime, gets stuck in the farmhouse chimney, and all the other animals, who attempt to unstick him, become stuck as well. In the end it falls to Santa to fix this mess...

Begun in 2000, with the Caldecott Honor-winning Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type, author Doreen Cronin and illustrator Betsy Lewin's series of titles devoted to the mischievous doings of the animals of Farmer Brown's barnyard has grown to encompass thirteen picture-books, as well as a number of board books. Because I haven't read the series in order (something very atypical for me), Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho! is the last of the thirteen main picture-books (currently available) that I have read in this series. It is also, unfortunately, the weakest. Unlike its direct predecessor, Click, Clack, Peep!, which I found a little weak, but which redeemed itself with a hilarious ending, here I found little to amuse. The story was more ho-hum than ho-ho-ho, and the artwork, although as cute as ever, wasn't enough to compensate. I'm glad to be able to report that subsequent entries in the series are stronger than this one, but that said, this is definitely the low point for me, in this story collection, and I would recommend it only to determined fans of Farmer Brown and his animal companions. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Dec 8, 2018 |
This is a twist on the book Click Clack Moo. It takes place on christmas eve when the duck climbed on to the roof and got stuck. The whole book is repeated with different animals getting stuck in the chimney. In the end santa gets everyone unstuck. I would use this to teach repetition in books, and why authors sometimes write like this.
  Nicholepeterse | Nov 23, 2016 |
this book is about the holidays and how the duck wants something but then gets stuck in the process. his farm animal friends come to the rescue to help him out but they also get stuck as well. it is great for kids because it lets them know that they can help others out too even if they are to get stuck in the process. it would make for a funny story to tell at the end. ( )
  madisonallmand | Oct 26, 2016 |
Summary: The Click,Clack, HO,HO,HO book is a great children's Christmas book. The story starts on Christmas Eve and has the farmer getting ready for Santa. The duck is trying to sneak in the house for the presents when he gets stuck. The sheep then tries to help the duck and gets stuck, the cow and pigs also get stuck. All animals get stuck with duck and then Santa shows up and has to get all animals unstuck and then all the animals and Farmer are around the Christmas tree celebrating Christmas while Santa rides away.

Personal Reaction: I loved this children's book and so did my two year old when I read it to her. These pictures where very colorful and kept my daughter interested through the whole book. Every child can relate to this book because it is about Christmas and Santa and almost all kids love Santa and Christmas time so this book would always be a huge hit with the children.

Classroom Extension: One extension you could do after reading this book is to do a arts and crafts where the students can make a Santa out of plates and cotton balls and red paper. Another extension that could be done would be to have the children write down what they want from Santa and then allow any students to share with the class their wishes if they want to. ( )
  CherokeeDavies | Jul 12, 2016 |
I liked this book for three reasons. First, I thought the language was very fun, and I appreciated that it was appropriate for a variety of ages. For younger students, for example, it would be a great shared reading book, as there are both repetitive phrases and numerous instances of rhyming. The book uses humorous language, however, that would still be fun and entertaining for older students. Second, I like the plot. I thought that it was a great book for the holiday seasons, especially if the readers were already familiar with the Click, Clack series. It provides an interesting, relevant way to see the familiar characters in a new light. Third, I really enjoyed the illustrations. The colors were bright and eye-catching, and I especially liked the colors and techniques used on the nighttime scenes. The font and typeface stand out and further enhance the page, as it really utilizes all the open space. The story, however, does not have a distinct message. The idea is simply a fun tale about Duck and his familiar antics. ( )
  mkatz9 | Dec 1, 2015 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lewin, BetsyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,596,090 books! | Top bar: Always visible