Beneath These Chains (Beneath, #3)

by Meghan March

Series: Beneath (3)

From USA Today bestseller, Meghan March, comes a steamy new novel in the Beneath series. Beneath These Chains is the third book in the Beneath Series, but can be enjoyed as a full-length, stand alone romance.

I read this book as a standalone having not read the other previous books in the series. I think I may not have been in the right mindset for this book because I usually quite enjoy this style of book but I did not really like this one. I am willing, however, to give this author another try. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler-free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

Still listening to this series on Audio. I really like the male narrator. He has a really nice voice that works so well for this kind of book. The female narrator is okay too. These go fast for me cause I love listening to them.

I like how you already know a little about the characters before each book starts. Getting glimpses of them in the previous books. I'm excited to see who the next matchup will be. I have a couple of characters in mind that I'm hoping for, so we will see.

Just so there is no confusion, this is an erotica. No doubt about that, but it does have a great story and isn't sex on every other page. This one like the last one has a very alpha-male, but the female is super feisty herself and wants her independence. The rate at which their relationship develops though is crazy. Not that it's unrealistic, as I have seen it happen, but in the real world I doubt their relationship would last long at the rate they move.

As a mother, I first really hated Elle's mom. However, after finishing the book, I totally get her and hope that I can be that strong if ever in a similar situation for my daughter.

Three books down and only four more to go.

How I choose my rating:
1* Hated it. I had to force myself to finish it.
2** Didn't really like it. I didn't hate it but not sure why I finished it other than for some closure.
3*** I liked it. I had some issues with it, but as a whole it was good. I probably won't reread ever, but there is a chance I might finish the series. (If part of one) But if not it's not a huge loss.
4**** I really liked this book. Maybe not a work of genius, but highly entertaining. I might reread this, and I will finish the series. (If part of one) I would recommend to those I know hold interest in this book's content.
5***** I loved this book. I found little to no issues with it at all. I will definitely be rereading this and probably more than once. I will finish the series and reread it multiple times. (If part of one) I will recommend this book to EVERYONE!!!! ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |

I was raised on the streets, so I know things are rarely as simple as they appear—especially this rich girl showing up at my pawnshop demanding a job.

She’s the most tempting thing I’ve ever seen, and I’ll be damned if I can make her leave.

Shit just got complicated … but when it comes to her—I want complicated.

We’re both fighting our own demons, and our only chance at a future is to let go of the past.

But will we be strong enough to break free from beneath these chains?

BENEATH THESE CHAINS may be read as a standalone.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,897,861 books! | Top bar: Always visible