The Game Plan

by Kristen Callihan

Series: Game On (3)

NFL center Ethan Dexter's focus has always been on playing football and little else. Except when it comes to one particular woman. The lovely Fiona Mackenzie might not care about his fame, but she's also never looked at him as anything more than one of her brother-in-law's best friends. That ends now. Fi doesn't know what to make of Dex. The bearded, tattooed, mountain of man-muscle looks more like a biker than a football player. Rumor has it he's a virgin, but she finds that hard to believe. Because from the moment he decides to turn his quiet intensity on her she's left weak at the knees and aching to see his famous control fully unleashed.… (more)

FGMAMTC Blog Review  Excerpt
Fiona is the bubbly girl at the party. She's fun and full of life. Dex is the quiet man in the corner observing his surroundings. He's known for never loosing control. She's flitting around in life trying to find something that will make her stick. He's waiting around for a woman who will want the real him instead of the professional athlete.

Fi is a great female lead. She is strong when it matters and lets things go when it doesn't. Sadly, female leads sometimes come off as punching bags, whiners or bitches so Fi's character makes me very happy. She's worthy of a quality partner.

Ethan is the rarest of men. In his world, groupies are constantly around and available, but he doesn't want meaningless sex. Even when it goes against his goals, Dex follows along with what Fi wants. Keeping his cool, he continues to try for the outcome he needs. He has so many great qualities that I don't have time to name them all. I'm head over hills for Ethan Dexter.

The storyline is about them trying to come together and stay together. So much is in their way. They both have baggage from growing up that cause difficulties. They live in separate cities. They both have careers to think about. It's an uphill battle especially with a few haters trying to cause issues.

I am completely in love with The Game Plan. The characters never did anything that turned me off toward them or made me question their reasoning. Even when he finally looses his cool or when they argue, their actions are totally believable and understandable. If you like contemporary, new adult or sports romance, this is a must read.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Google  / Pinterest / Goodreads / Tumblr / tsū

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
I truly enjoyed this book! Ethan (Dex) Dexter proved to be my favorite character in the Game On series. The story and characters were unique, and I loved each moment of the book. ( )
  uncertainbeauty | Dec 17, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,889,315 books! | Top bar: Always visible