The Strongest Steel (Second Circle Tattoos)…

The Strongest Steel (Second Circle Tattoos) (edition 2015)

by Scarlett Cole (Author)

Member:lovelyluck
Title:The Strongest Steel (Second Circle Tattoos)
Authors:Scarlett Cole (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2015), 300 pages
Collections:Read 2017

The Strongest Steel (Second Circle Tattoos, #1) by Scarlett Cole

Trent owns a tattoo shop and is a well respected tattoo artiest. Harper is in hiding from the man who attacked her and even though he's in prison continues to terrorize her. She seeks out Trent to tattoo over her scars. The author weaves a beautiful story, starting with the care and thoughtfulness by Trent, developing a sweet romance. I didn't like the hiding things from each other though, especially when Harper was clearly in danger. Otherwise I liked this story and am looking forward to future stories in this series.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
After reading Coles' Jordan Reclaimed I figured I needed to read this series so I could meet the guys when they're first introduced and read Dred and Pixies book.

The Strongest Steel is a good it's not my typical since I tend to like books with more humor in them. There were some funny moments though so this wasn't a 100% drama.

Harper the MC survived something very traumatic, done to her by someone who should have protected her. I really felt her fear and her desire to try and rise above it. And I just loved Trent he was so nice and just a truly good guy. He didn't play games he was sweet and honest and it was such a refreshing change. I know from Jordan's book that Cole can write a good damagaed character it was nice seeing the other side of that coin. ( )
  NerdyHousewifey | Feb 1, 2019 |
Amazing! This book is amazing! Check out my full review here: http://wp.me/p5Za6l-c8 ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
The strongest steel - a story full emotions, intensity, and passion

Trent Andrews is the owner of Second Circle Tattoos, and popular tattoo artist, a guy with the skills to hide scars and make them into something beautiful.

Harper Connelly ?? a girl with scars decorating her back, a past that she wants to forget, decides to seek advice from Trent if it will be possible to cover her scars her ex inflicted with a knife that spelt ƒ??My Bitchƒ? covering most of her back, the tattoo she wants must echo her mantra: ƒ??The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fireƒ?

The tattoos take a couple of sessions to be completed, for Harper to start with the tattoos she must have faith in Trent, Harper has a serious aversion to touch issues but for some reason she feels safe with Trent, and with his help she learns that it is ok if another human touch her.

With the threat of the past hanging over Harper head she struggles with her feelings for Trent. When her ex reappears in her will Harper run again, and does she sacrifice the relationship to protect Trent from her ex?

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
This series has been sitting on my shelf for a while, and I decided it was time to give it a chance. I was not expecting this story to be what it was or that I would love it as much as I did.

I loved that even though Harper and Trent meet earlier on within the story, they were not jumping into the bed with each other right away. This would not have made sense if it did happen based on Harper and her past. I also loved how slow and patient Trent was with Harper. He never pressured her to move too fast in their relationship and he was very understanding.

I loved the story around Harper, as it kept my interest and brought something different to the love story. It was mysterious as you were wondering when Nathan was going to show up. This does deal with severe domestic violence issues, so be aware of that before going into the story.

Overall, this surprised me. I really enjoyed it. I am excited to jump into the other characters and their stories. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Aug 18, 2018 |

Harper Connelly escapes an abusive husband and tries to move on with her life. Will the past come back to haunt her or will she find happiness?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,581,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible