Cruel Crown: Queen Song & Steel Scars

by Victoria Aveyard

Series: Red Queen (novellas)

In two revealing prequels to Red Queen, Queen Coriane recounts her heady courtship with the crown prince, the birth of a new prince, Cal, and the potentially deadly challenges that lay ahead for her in royal life. Meanwhile, Captain Farley exchanges coded transmissions with the resistance--and stumbles upon a connection that may prove to be the key to an attack on the Nortan capital: Mare Barrow.… (more)

I listened to the audio book of this. This book contains 2 different stories. The 1st story, Queen Song, gives the backstory of Cal's mother and what happened to her. I'm kind of in the middle on what I feel about this one. I gave this story a 3. It was interesting. I didn't not like it, but I didn't love it either. Now the 2nd story, Steel Scars, was better in my opinion. This is Farley's backstory and how she is tasked with planting the seeds of rebellion in Norta. She goes to recruit black market traders, smugglers, and extremists for her first attempt at an attack on the capital, and what she finds is Mare Barrow. I really enjoyed this story and would give it a 4, so for the book as a whole, I would give it a 3.5. ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
The first tale of the novella really took my interest. The later was necessary , but somewhat lagging. ( )
  MrNattania72 | Mar 17, 2020 |
I definitely enjoyed the first story more than the second, I liked learning more about the Queen and I wasn't as into the military report style of the other one. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
Queen Song: I like this story. I found it interesting. For me, this one added to the overall story.

Steel Scars: This one is boring. Just war tactics and nothing else. redacted redacted redacted. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
Worth a read

For those who have read the first 2 books in the Red Queen series - even if you've just read the first. Nice insight into two important females. ( )
  Jellichor | Jul 2, 2019 |

Victoria Aveyardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fong, GraceInterior art, Target special editionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Red Queen (novellas)
[None]
[None]
As usual, Julian gave her a book.

Queen song.
THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE HAS BEEN DECODED
CONFIDENTIAL, COMMAND CLEARANCE REQUIRED

Steel scars.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,886,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible