Half Lost by Sally Green
198985,882 (4.06)3

Very good and kind of deep. About as good as the others with similar pacing to the second novel. Enjoyed it ( )
  Vulco1 | Oct 12, 2018 |
I got an ARC of this by luck/chance. I have enjoyed this whole trilogy, as dark and sad and brutal as it is. Nathan's POV does an amazing job of getting across how much violence hurts and the world-building, while of a nasty, brutish magical world, is good at getting that across as well. Well worth reading the whole trilogy. ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |
No no no no no no no ( )
  ancientbookbride | Sep 11, 2018 |
This book!!!! It hits you right in the feels!! I absolutely love this book!! i will put a full review up soon. ( )
  Nicole365 | May 12, 2018 |
I was initially going to give this book three stars, but the ending definitely earned a whole star on its own; it was so good (THE FEEEELLLLSS).

This book dragged way more than the others because it focused so much on Nathan's burning hatred for Annalise and his love for Gabriel and many of the scenes we saw were just of Nathan going for runs, seething with hatred, and not listening to the advice of those around him. All that being said, I think Sally Green did a fantastic job portraying Nathan as a person who has been horribly mistreated, abused, neglected, and used by almost everyone around him and who acts out as a result of all that.

Some of the magic that we saw this time around was quite interesting, especially when we started learning more about Ledger (although he/she got a little too preachy and hippy-like when saying the Essence comes from Earth). I particularly liked the magic surrounding the Map Room and would have liked to get more of that.

The Alliance leaders in the camps seemed more competent than side characters usually are, which was refreshing for YA.

And now on to the ending. It was definitely among the best endings for YA that I have read in some time, and definitely seemed more realistic than most. At first I was confused when Nathan was seeing Gabriel cliff-diving, but then I caught on and knew that things would not turn out well for him. How he secluded himself near Gabriel's grave and withdrew from those who came to visit him (Aaran, Adele, and Celia) was really heart-braking. He grew more and more into his wild side (though not the violent aspect) and never seemed to fully trust anyone again, continuing to talk to Gabriel's grave and Celia when she eventually moved into a cabin near him.

When Nathan started talking about trees and being able to put down roots to be near Gabriel again, I kind of knew how his story would end and the final chapter, written from Celia's perspective was a beautiful confirmation of that and made me glad that there was at least one person (besides Aaran) who cared about Nathan at all.

"It's different from the other trees and apart from them; it's not so old, not so tall, but horribly scarred." ~pg. 340, final line. ( )
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |

The stunning conclusion to the internationally acclaimed Half Bad trilogy, Half Lost tells the story of a dangerous world of witches at war, and the young man caught in the middle.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 07 Sep 2015 19:52:55 -0400)

On the run again after the decimation of the Alliance of Free Witches and constantly pursued by the Council's Hunters, Nathan Byrn organizes a bold strategy involving the missing half of Gabriel's amulet to save the rebels from total defeat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,759,131 books! | Top bar: Always visible