I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen…

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! (edition 2007)

by Karen Beaumont (Author)

1,32112011,175 (4.35)9
In the rhythm of a familiar folk song, a child cannot resist adding one more dab of paint in surprising places.
Member:flem5
Title:I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!
Authors:Karen Beaumont (Author)
Info:Scholastic (2007)

Work Information

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont

This is such a fast read, especially if you sing it, that it was over in just a moment. The kids loved it, though! ( )
  AnnaWaffles | Aug 28, 2020 |
There are many reasons why I enjoyed this book. For one, I really enjoyed how the author's use of African-American vernacular dialect through out the book. Beaumont repeats the phrase, "Now I ain't gonna paint no more." I think its important that the author uses an "informal dialect" because a lot of students can relate to this. Another thing that I really enjoyed was the pictures that were presented through out the book. The pictures were very colorful and it made the book a lot more interesting to read. Another thing that I liked about this book is that the author wrote with rhythm and rhyme. For instance, Beaumont wrote, "Like an Easter egg, gonna paint my... leg!" The author does this throughout the book and it makes the book fun to read and amusing. The book was written to show how kids "color the world" with their personalities and I really enjoyed the book and thought the message was endearing. ( )
  jkeel3 | Feb 10, 2020 |
This is a colorful, hilarious story about a boy who just can not contain his love for painting. After getting caught painting pictures on the floor, and the ceiling, and the walls, he heard his momma hollar like he never did before, "she said ya ain't gonna paint no more!". But, with his dog by his side, he sneaks the paint his mother had put up out of his reach, and begins to paint his body. This story is so engaging for children, it has them guessing the next body part based on the rhyming words Beaumont uses. The illustrations are so colorful and funny, you can feel the joy on every page. My kids giggle from the beginning to the end! This is a great book! ( )
1 vote kristenheidecker | Feb 9, 2020 |
I love this book its catchy and rhymes and has a fun singing part! The illustration are super colorfull and messy. ( )
  Heather.s.mccormick | Nov 14, 2019 |
This is about a child who gets in trouble for painting the house. So they try to quit but they end up painting their whole body until they run out of paint.
  rainablu | May 10, 2018 |

Karen Beaumontprimary authorall editionscalculated
Catrow, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
One day my mama caught me paintin' pictures on the floor and the ceiling and the walls and the curtains and the door, and I heard my mama holler like I never did before..."Ya ain't a-gonna paint no more!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,905,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible