The Hot Bread Kitchen Cookbook: Artisanal Baking from Around the World

by Jessamyn Waldman Rodriguez, Julia Turshen

Other authors: Jennifer May (Photographer)

A cookbook from the New York-based bakery that supplies ethnic breads to dozens of retail outlets while employing and empowering immigrant women shares the baker's regional breads from the international locales these women called home.

Great book with many breads from many countries. Even for someone like me, baking 4-5 times per week, it had some new recipes. The breads I tried all worked just fine based on the recipes. ( )
  andreas.wpv | Jul 8, 2018 |
A very advanced bread-making cookbook, with some recipes for accompanying dishes. Beautifully photographed, and with an wildly varied international selection of breads.

Being much more comfortable with cooking than baking, I found this book at times intimidating. I stick to 5 bread recipes, which I have not even come close to perfecting. There are pages on shaping, proving, kneading, everything! I am sure this would be very helpful to people who are comfortable making different types of bread. I did chose a few of the (to me) easier recipes to try, however I am not sure if I will be able to get up the nerve to try them.

Recommended for those who love baking, who are looking for new types of breads to try. ( )
  Critterbee | Apr 16, 2018 |
I mostly liked reading about the different people (immigrants) who trained at Hot Bread Kitchen learning English, business skills and baking skills. What a wonderful concept. ( )
  kayanelson | Jul 29, 2017 |
For its mission alone, The Hot Bread Kitchen Cookbook by Jessamyn Waldman Rodriguez and Julia Turshen is worth purchasing and supporting. The delicious recipes are an added bonus. The book includes recipes from around the world with full color photographs and stories of the bakers of the Hot Bread Kitchen. The recipes and the stories are inviting and seem to bring the warmth and comfort of home.

Read my complete review at: http://www.memoriesfrombooks.com/2016/01/the-hot-bread-kitchen-cookbook.html

Reviewed for the Blogging for Books program ( )
  njmom3 | Jan 24, 2016 |

Jessamyn Waldman Rodriguezprimary authorall editionscalculated
Turshen, Juliamain authorall editionsconfirmed
May, JenniferPhotographersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,239,960 books! | Top bar: Always visible