Fortune Falls by Jenny Goebel

Fortune Falls (original 2016; edition 2016)

by Jenny Goebel (Author)

2022103,789 (3.38)None
In Fortune Falls, where superstitions are real, and all children must pass regular "luck tests" to see if they are worthy, ill-fortuned Sadie has always been deemed as unlucky, and shunted aside for her luckier younger brother--but when she finds an unusually intelligent black cat named Jinx, her fortunes begin to change for the better.… (more)
Member:Lorali
Title:Fortune Falls
Authors:Jenny Goebel (Author)
Info:Scholastic (2016), 204 pages

Fortune Falls by Jenny Goebel (2016)

This book will be a good one for book groups, especially, I think, parent/child ones. The premise is really fun, and could lead to discussions about privilege. It's a bit heavy-handed on that front towards the end, but I think it's forgivable. ( )
  amandabock | Dec 10, 2019 |
Cute, but riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. It was an ARC, so maybe those errors will be corrected in the final version. Even if all errors are corrected, it's only a three-star read--good, but not great. ( )
  BillieBook | Mar 1, 2016 |
“Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Petey’s sweaty little hand wriggled in mine.

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,336,782 books! | Top bar: Always visible