Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron [2015 film]…

English (5)  Spanish (1)  All languages (6)
This movie would have been amazing if it had been 30 minutes longer, giving every character and arc room and time to breathe and land emotionally. As it is, unfortunately, I'm so rushed through every scene and development, I don't have time to care about or properly enjoy half as much of it as I otherwise would. That said, it's still a pretty great film. The dialogue is great, the action is wonderful, and while it doesn't pull it off as successfully as the first Avengers film, each major character is still given a moment or two to shine. And the final confrontation between Vision and Ultron brought tears to my eyes. ( )
  LokiAesir | Jul 26, 2018 |
Excellent follow-up, if you don't mind the fact that one of the heroes is to blame for everything that goes wrong. Some nice side bits, and a budding romance between...but I digress. ( )
  unclebob53703 | Mar 6, 2016 |
Some good dialogue does occur in among all the boring destruction, but not really a whole lot. ( )
  themulhern | Jan 2, 2016 |
Super heroes accidentally make an evil artificial intelligence.

The action scenes go on way too long; the movie could probably be about 30 minutes shorter. Otherwise, it's very good. It doesn't take itself too seriously (even the villain has fun), and it balances the giant cast well.

Concept: C
Music: B

Enjoyment: B

GPA: 2.7/4 ( )
  comfypants | Oct 26, 2015 |
I usually enjoy the Marvel series of films based on comics. I think the first Avengers film is the best of them all. This is not as good as that but still enjoyable. Like many films today they spend too much time on the fight scenes and the special effects whereas the bits I remember about films are the characters and relationships. And I actually think special effects are getting worse - the fight scenes all look like video games. Which may be deliberate. Plus the fact that they go on for far too long.
But I'll carry on watching these films cos they are mostly enjoyable. ( )
  infjsarah | Oct 24, 2015 |

Jackson, Samuel L.Actorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Johansson, ScarlettActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Olsen, ElizabethActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ruffalo, MarkActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,903,084 books! | Top bar: Always visible