Diary of a Wimpy Kid #10: Old School by Jeff…

Diary of a Wimpy Kid #10: Old School (edition 2015)

by Jeff Kinney (Author)

"Life was better in the old days. Or was it? That's the question Greg Heffley is asking as his town voluntarily unplugs and goes electronics-free. But modern life has its conveniences, and Greg isn't cut out for an old-fashioned world. With tension building inside and outside the Heffley home, will Greg find a way to survive?"--… (more)
Member:tiger5
Title:Diary of a Wimpy Kid #10: Old School
Authors:Jeff Kinney (Author)
Info:Amulet Books (2015), Edition: 2nd, 224 pages

Work Information

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School by Jeff Kinney

English (25)  Spanish (2)  All languages (27)
The diary of a wimpy kid series is a series about a young weakling of a boy and his daily adventures as a middle school student. This is a creative and imaginative book that is elaborate about the boys feelings and his adventures. This would be a great book to teach students about story telling. ( )
  FallonJohnston | Apr 23, 2018 |
This story is about Greg seeing things in the future and seeing things mostly in the past. First he was thinking about the future. He said when he has kids, they will always use hover boards and he will say: "We use our legs to travel." But then he thought about the past and said, What did people do back then? So he did a challenge to not use modern day stuff for a few days. This is Greg's way of finding out what they did back then. But the whole time that he could've just ask his parents (Susan and Frank) of what they did back then.

This story was unique because how Greg found out of what people did in the past. This felt similar to me when I was playing old games when I was young.
I told my dad of what they did back then. He said that he played outside all the time with his friends. Or sometimes he will play very old video games. This was a great example of showing old school stuff. I did a high rating of the book. ( )
  victorC.b2 | Mar 20, 2018 |
This book is the best book out of the whole series. This book actually has a meaning to it not like some of the other diary of a wimpy kid books. Life was better in the old days? Greg Heffley the main character in this book is wondering why his grandfather and dad keep saying that the old days were better back then. Greg's mom ask the town to participate in unplug ur electronics week. And Greg heffley is not cut out for that world. Gregs dad frank tells Greg to go do something outside instead of staying in the house all day. So greg opened a lemonade stand with Rowely his best friend, but theirs this kid that opens a better lemonade stand and they thought why sell lemonade hear lets sell water down at the town park but there mom does not allow them to and there mom says to help her pick up all the trash in the town park. They end up escaping that place and greg gets in trouble. So his dad set up cameras in the house. Greg did something really bad and wants to away to camp so his dad wouldn't get mad at him. Which leads to a big disaster. A conflict in the story is that Greg breaks the pipe to the sink because he lost the toothpaste cap in the sink so he asks his grandpa for help so they drive to the store. Then he realized that his grandpa didn't know how to drive. The car ended up breaking down and his grandpa went to go look for help but then the car started to roll down the hill and ended up in a ditch. I would recommended this book to kids who are about my age 13 or 15 because this story is for these types of kids. I don't believe adults should read these books because i feel that they wouldn't be interested as they are in other books. ( )
  Julian98 | Dec 19, 2017 |
Summary: This book is formatted like a journal and is about a young boy, named Greg who tells about all his adventures and crazy things happening in his journal. His mother is on a no technology phase which leads him to Hardscrabble Farms, an outdoors camp! His grandfather also comes to live which Greg and his family which leads to more adventures, the reason he goes to the camp, and awkward sleeping arrangements. He struggles to understand what is so good about the "good ole days" that his parents always talk about.

Personal Reaction: I thin this book is a very funny book and has so many outrageous adventures that kids will enjoy reading about. I think kids would love this book and find it very humorous as did I.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. Have the children make a journal of their own with drawings.
2. Talk them to a camp/one day field trip kind of like in the book to enjoy the outdoors, like in the book and depending on their age!
  ShayleeJ | Oct 22, 2017 |
They go to a camp for a week for school to learn about hard work. If you liked the previous 9 books, you know what you're in for. ( )
  adamwolf | Aug 29, 2017 |

Jeff Kinneyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ocampo, Ramon deNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
TO DAD

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,249,893 books! | Top bar: Always visible