Christ in the Passover: Why is This Night…

Christ in the Passover: Why is This Night Different? (edition 1978)

by Ceil Rosen

Bitter herbs, salty water, a sweet apple mixture, the shankbone of a lamb--what is the meaning behind these symbolic elements? Enter the celebration of Passover, rich with history and significance for both Jew and Gentile. God wasn't finished working in the lives of His people after the waters of the Red Sea parted. Both past and future deliverance are celebrated in this solemn and joyful feast. Through Christ in the Passover, you'll trace God's involvement through the history of this holy day--from the first Passover all the way to the modern Seder. And in the revised edition of this inviting book, Ciel and Moishe Rosen show you how the death and resurrection of Jesus the Messiah are forever interwoven with the Passover and its symbolism.… (more)
Member:JHluvs2read
Title:Christ in the Passover: Why is This Night Different?
Authors:Ceil Rosen
Info:Moody Publishers (1978), Paperback, 112 pages
Tags:downstairs office

Christ in the Passover by Ceil Rosen

An interesting and vivid description of the Passover during the time of Christ as compared to today's celebration.
  RevDrEdMac | Dec 9, 2020 |
I first encountered this book when I was a student at a Christian college in the early 1980s. A member of the Jews for Jesus organization gave a presentation and offered this book for sale. At that time, I remember really thinking the book was a wonderful presentation on the symbolism of the various parts of the Seder and showing how everything in the observance of Passover pointed to Christ. I wanted to read this book again this year. I began looking for my copy, but I could not find it. However, I was able to locate a copy in the library where I am employed. I was not quite as captivated by the read this time. I don't know if it was because I had just seen a similar presentation by another Messianic Jewish group or if my standards for book quality have changed over the years. The edition I read was published in 1978. The illustrations are definitely dated in this edition. I know that the copies currently for sale have a 2006 copyright date so I hope that this problem has been resolved. This is still a useful book on this topic, but I recommend that persons interested see a presentation of the topic which is far more engaging. I really prefer the presentation as done by Jews for Jesus over the other one I've seen, and I've noticed they have a 40-minute video available for viewing on their website. ( )
2 vote thornton37814 | Apr 11, 2011 |
NO OF PAGES: 112 SUB CAT I: Feasts/Festivals SUB CAT II: SUB CAT III: DESCRIPTION: "Christ in the Passover" gives you interesting information about the Passover so that you can relate to references to it-instead of sliding over them. And the information can also help you see Christ, the Messiah, as the Passover Lamb. Jews for Jesus.NOTES: SUBTITLE: Why is This Night Different?
  BeitHallel | Feb 18, 2011 |

Ceil Rosenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Moishe Rosenmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,391,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible