Mr. Memory and Other Stories of Wonder by…

Mr. Memory and Other Stories of Wonder (edition 2015)

by Paul Michael Peters (Author)

1621,054,265 (5)None
Uttering the name Mr. Memory evokes the live performances and talk show appearances when he would impress the world with his abilities of recollection. His clarity of remembrance has kept listeners captivated for days while sharing the adventures of his life. In this collection of short stories, we learn the truth about Mr. Memory, the fantastic gone unseen, and a world of wonder which can inspire us to believe.… (more)
Member:paulmpeters
Title:Mr. Memory and Other Stories of Wonder
Authors:Paul Michael Peters (Author)
Info:Paul Michael Peters (2015), 92 pages

Mr. Memory and Other Stories of Wonder by Paul Michael Peters

Author Paul Michael Peters introduces Mr. Memory in the first story of this well-crafted collection: An old man, filled with so many memories that he’s tired of the same old questions; a young man with three surprisingly connected gifts; and a storybook that ensues, filled with treasured moments for the reader.

The tales are short and quickly read, perfect for coffee breaks – but beware; like chocolate, they lure the reader into just one more. Each story carries hints of mystery in connections waiting to be made. Each takes the reader on flights of well-drawn history and place, and powerful characterization. A sense of parable and myth builds one story into the next, even when the path is so different. And the whole is a beautifully connected diorama of people and place.

Mr. Memory carries the day, his visitor’s three questions bracketing the tales the lie between. But perhaps the biggest truth lies in the tale of a woman’s e-connections that drive her into narcissistic isolation.

May readers pick up this book, connect and see. It’s a wonderful short collection, filled with achingly short and beautiful stories that linger and grow.

Disclosure: I was given a free copy and I offer my honest review. ( )
  SheilaDeeth | Oct 29, 2015 |
"Mr. Memory and Other Stories of Wonder" is a collection of short stories by Paul Michael Peters. There is one word to describe this book, and the word is "excellent".

Loved the stories about the character Mr. Memory. Especially, the love story "Mr. Memory and the Garden Turtles at Midnight". The theme running throughout Mr. Memory's story telling is that it is so important for us to remember those we have loved in our lifetime.

I highly recommend this read to anyone who loves a great story.

I would like to thank the author Paul Michael Peters for giving me the opportunity to read his work. I received this book from Goodreads Giveaway in return for an honest review. ( )
  jcozart | Sep 30, 2015 |

Paul Michael Peters is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,254,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible